OP25 Muliple Frequency Control Channels same NAC P25 PII TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

I fired up OP25 and noticed the CC switched and I didn't put it into the TSV. I loaded GQRX to find it and it ended up being a channel not listed as a CC on the RR SID. I read about it a little bit in some old posts and not real clear what OP25 will do if I need to put into the tsv 3 CC's with the same NAC. One thread post said it'll treat it as primary and secondary but never said anything about a third. Another post said it'll scan all them.

I tried to put in all 5 CC's but it's tbsk counter thing stops at 55 then does nothing.

Last edited:
S

simpilo

It is not cycling them. Here is how I created the trunk.tsv

gscreenshot_2019-08-13-234501.png

boatbod

If you have one system but multiple possible cc frequencies, list them in a comma separated list inside the appropriate column of trunk.tsv. op25 will tune them in sequence until it finds an actual control channel, then it will lock on until the signal is lost.

S

simpilo

Thanks It's taking me time to learn OP25 and getting there. Sounding good!
hefner-op25.png

I wonder how OP25 will handle a P25 PII TDMA system with 20 repeater output frequencies. 40 time slots wow! that's what it'll be like when the OKC completely cuts over from EDACS Provoice.

hamfan22

OP25 works great here in Houston on TxWARN. There is never a moment without radio traffic from early in the morning to late at night. There are at least 2 sites with 21 output frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.