multi agency drill today in Ocala

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
I kept myself busy today, monitoring the Homeland Security multi-agency training drill that took place in Ocala, Marion County. Drills such as this one are sometimes critical to us scanner enthusiasts, as we monitor, especially multi agency commited training personel and thier resources thru radio traffic, we can monitor, and confirm talkgroups on trunk systems that we had never heard of before. Since Ocala's digital radio system is still relatively new, I wanted to listen in to see if any new, (unknown) radio system talkgroups were present, and on a busy day like today, alot was learned. Many talkgroups were patched, and communications on the ground was strong. Very active, and I saw no real signs of communication breakdown, and it is my educated guess that the agencies involved had a good day of training.

I learned that OCALA TGID 35 is the Ocala SWAT channel, and at this time it is not encrypted as is the MCSO SWAT channel. During the drill, Marion County utilized the Emergency Management talkgroup channels, the Fire Training channel, the Fire Admin channel, and a few scene channels at various times. It was interesting to listen to the various agencies, how they act, how they respond, and how they handle a large training drill as they did this one. Training is important for these Public Safety personel, and my hats off to them for keeping up with training that can one day save my life.

link to photos http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Dato=20120224&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=224009998&Ref=PH&pl=1

Last edited:

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
Thanks for this info, Kevin.

your welcome, I submitted those to the DB yesterday, they update Marion Cty and Ocala for me with-in hours of my submittals. The SWAT in Ocala is using TGID 35 and MADET, which is a joint operation, is on 37 , but technically it's ID Tag should be Vice , which I did bring to the attention of the local DB administrator. Its not a big deal, it works for me... my scanner is tagged with an alpha tag of VICE on Ocala TGID 37.

Status
Not open for further replies.