Multi-Alarm Fire Sayreville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac-1

Large commercial bldg fire cheesequake rd & bordentown ave area exact ad unk sounds like a full county response 1 co from each town

DJ88

A good friend of mine told me about it and I'm monitoring it on Sayerville Fire 153.815...I missed this but he just mailed me (8 o'clock) and said he heard "CPR in progress".

SFD57fire

Possibly one of the biggest NJ mutual aid responses in recent history. Some of the units involved.... Sayreville, South River, Perth Amboy, South Amboy, Avenel, Spotswood, Monroe, Old Bridge, East Brunswick, New Brunswick, Cranberry, Plainsboro, Lauernce Harbor, Manalapan, Cheesquake, Hopelawn, Milltown, Metuchen, Princeton Junction, Elizabeth ave. fire company (somerset), Somerset Fire and Rescue (somerset), Middlebush(somerset), Little Rocky Hill (somerset). Seems that the fire is at the DuPont chemical factory on the old Hercules plant grounds with units experiencing multiple water problems.

SFD57fire

Correction...it was in an old abandoned 200-foot by 100-foot 2 story administration building. No environmental impact was reported

robbinsj2

Possibly one of the biggest NJ mutual aid responses in recent history

Missed this post until just now. Recent history as far as in the past six months, maybe. For context, many of those companies (including all the Somerset County units, plus Cranbury and Monmouth Junction, among others) only came along for tankers, and a handful more for engines to support those tankers. While it was a large response it wasn't extraordinary compared to structure fires requiring tanker task forces in other, rural parts of the state. Hopewell has had a couple fires recently which drew responses from Mercer, Somerset, Hunterdon, Bucks, and (barely) Middlesex.

Plus I think I heard Old Bridge go out for a structure while this fire was going, it sounded like they sent a unit or two from Sayreville staging/cover for that.

Jim

SFD57fire

Missed this post until just now. Recent history as far as in the past six months, maybe. For context, many of those companies (including all the Somerset County units, plus Cranbury and Monmouth Junction, among others) only came along for tankers, and a handful more for engines to support those tankers. While it was a large response it wasn't extraordinary compared to structure fires requiring tanker task forces in other, rural parts of the state. Hopewell has had a couple fires recently which drew responses from Mercer, Somerset, Hunterdon, Bucks, and (barely) Middlesex.

Plus I think I heard Old Bridge go out for a structure while this fire was going, it sounded like they sent a unit or two from Sayreville staging/cover for that.

Jim
Agreed, I was taking into account the tankers and should have mentioned it. Yes there was also a house fire in Old Bridge while some companies were wrapping up in Sayreville. I also recall a mansion fire in hopwell in early January of 08 where12 tankers from Mercer, Hunterdon, Somerset and Bucks counties responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.