Multi-band (including vhf-low) Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a multi-band mobile antenna that includes VHF-low band. I had been using an antenna that is similar to the Comtelco All-band (it's not tuned for low band). I like the antenna o.k., but would like something tuned for low band as well.

I am now experimenting a little with an antenna that is tuned for 46 mhz and have been surprised at the VHF-low signals the antenna is pulling in, in that range. However, VHF-hi and UHF signals have been diminished w/ this antenna. I have been reading good things about the Larsen Tri-band as a multi-band antenna, but that is not tuned for VHF-low, either.

The multi-band antenna I am looking at is the Austin Spectra. Are there any other 4 band antennas besides the Spectra? The reviews I have read have been mixed- especially with the quality of the construction. Basically, I am interested in vhf-low/ high/ and uhf. Of course 800mhz wouldn't hurt, either. And I am looking for one that mounts by NMO.

Thanks,
Todd

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Thanks prcguy. I've searched for the models you have listed, but haven't found any yet. The one disappointment I found was a catalog w/ it, in PDF printed in English, but when I go to the website, it is in Spanish:roll:. I was hoping a shop would be on-line or Ebay, and have some left over. I have a friend that has a radio shop and we looked at an old catalog (10+ yrs) the other day and found the MONR33 listed. Good to hear they are good antennas.

I'll keep looking for a while. Thanks for your input.
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.