Multi Car Crash in the Poudre Canyon (Young's Gulch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

3rd hand info received by LCSO of a multi car accident up CO Hwy 14, w/ serious injuries, and also possible Code black.....

QRT's on scene advising they wan't Air Life 911 launched.

DTRS, 155.340, 154.385, 155.130

M

mpg0515

LCSO units reporting large rocks all over the Hwy and Ice?? at the beginning of the narrows.

Air life just went overhead at my home in FTC

M

mpg0515

LCSO Nora unit requesting the ME's office to respond and Animal Control for a horse.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
3rd hand info received by LCSO of a multi car accident up CO Hwy 14, w/ serious injuries, and also possible Code black.....

QRT's on scene advising they wan't Air Life 911 launched.

DTRS, 155.340, 154.385, 155.130

MM-100 Mike and Code Black was confirmed almost immediatly. L/G 911 cancelled due to weather, also you would not have to had received "3rd hand" if you were still getting our pages, ok sorry I could not resist.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
LCSO Nora unit requesting the ME's office to respond and Animal Control for a horse.

Also not that it matters but Colorado uses a coroner system and not a medical examiners (ME) one like many states, my wife used to work as a coroner in Larimer County.

Jim<

papaelk

As Paged

jimmnn said:
MM-100 Mike and Code Black was confirmed almost immediatly. L/G 911 cancelled due to weather, also you would not have to had received "3rd hand" if you were still getting our pages, ok sorry I could not resist.

Jim<

Larimer County: CO-14
MM-100 multi car T/A involving a horse trailer at least on Frank
onscene.

sorry Jimm could not resist :p ;)

M

mpg0515

jimmnn said:
Also not that it matters but Colorado uses a coroner system and not a medical examiners (ME) one like many states, my wife used to work as a coroner in Larimer County.

Jim<

Yeah, maybe you could correct me on this though.... I thought that "ME-8" which was the unit that responded as the coroner stood for medical examiner. Maybe they still go old fashioed or something???

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LARIMER COUNTY - A deadly accident on Highway 14 in the Poudre Canyon closed the road for about six hours Saturday evening.

A 1996 Ford pick-up truck carrying a horse trailer jackknifed and flipped over after it tried to pass in a no passing zone.

A car coming from the other direction slammed into it and the driver of the pick-up, 49-year-old Patrick Hegland of Longmont, was killed.

Investigators say visibility was low at the time of the crash, but it was unclear exactly how much of the accident was caused by the weather.

The driver of the car and all of the horses involved are expected to be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.