Multi channel USB input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Has anyone come across any sort of multi channel USB audio dongle? I'm currently using 3 of the cheap dongles to get audio from tapped radios into DSD+ etc and instead of a bank of these plugged into a USB hub it would be nice if that could be consolodated into one multi channel type device. Google'ing around generally brings me to expensive higher end audio equipment, which isn't what I'm looking for.

jkraemer

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone come across any sort of multi channel USB audio dongle? I'm currently using 3 of the cheap dongles to get audio from tapped radios into DSD+ etc and instead of a bank of these plugged into a USB hub it would be nice if that could be consolodated into one multi channel type device. Google'ing around generally brings me to expensive higher end audio equipment, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Forts - wondering if a 7.1 usb audio device might work for you. yes, it's multi channel but i'm not sure how that might with the channel grants for DSD+. Google "7.1 USB Audio" and see what available for under $100.

br0adband

I'm currently using 3 of the cheap dongles to get audio from tapped radios into DSD+ etc ...

I've re-read that one sentence like 10 times now and I still don't get it, must be getting old or something. If you're using 3 RTL-based sticks does that mean you also have tapped radios too providing completely different audio signals to DSD+ or is there just 3 total tuners period? :confused:

After an 11th read I'm wondering if you mean you're using USB audio dongles aka USB "sound cards" and not RTL-sticks... if that's the case then yes I now get it. :D

And after thinking about it some more that's going to be some rather complicated device - a "7.1 USB dongle" means it's designed to output 7.1 digital audio aka Dolby Digital or DTS potentially to a sound system receiver, not that it has 7 inputs but who knows what modern technology has come up with these days.

satboy8888

I understand you're trying to avoid "pro audio" but quite honestly you won't beat something like http://motu.com/products

The premise is both input and output; and each is individual, not a 7.1 channel hack of some kind

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Wow! That's some fancy stuff, and likely comes with a fancy price tag too I bet. And yes I'm using multiple usb audio dongles (not RTL sticks) to grab audio from various commercial radios and scanners which is then feeding multiple instances of DSD+, Unitrunker & Twotonedetect.

Status
Not open for further replies.