Multi Color LED, Audible Alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqincrazy

Premium Subscriber
Among the awsome features of newer GRE radios , I love these two features. If you program the unlimited combinations of these two features, it is no longer necessary to watch the display ! Across the room you can tell which agency you are lisenting to. In combination with the audible alarms and keypad/display backlights, constantly watching the display is a thing of the past ! The HP-1 is great tech, but you still have to watch the touchpad. I quickly sold mine here on RR. To each thier own of course.

SCPD

QRT
The HP-1 was built to be looked at. If you look at most shack picture on here the HP-1 is a center peice. Granted i love the multi color led of GRE's but i still like unidens build quality and size. This has nothing to do with features and im not trying to start up a debate on which company is better :) just my 2 cents

W6KRU

The HP-1 was built to be looked at. If you look at most shack picture on here the HP-1 is a center peice. Granted i love the multi color led of GRE's but i still like unidens build quality and size. This has nothing to do with features and im not trying to start up a debate on which company is better :) just my 2 cents

Now I know why I dislike the HP so much! It is because I buy a scanner to listen to not look at. :eek:

D

DaveNF2G

I don't need colored lights or alarms to tell me who is on the air. My ears do a fine job of that on their own.

TAK21

Across the room you can tell which agency you are lisenting to.

It's also nice at night. I usually go to bed at night with the scanner in cubby hole in my headboard behind me. Now I can tell who is transmitting by the "glow".

Freqincrazy

Premium Subscriber
Suggestions / Ideas

List#2, I use "steady" multi colors for my local county freqs' I use light blue for county police, and dark blue for "my town" police.
Red- fire, green- EMS.

List#3, I use "flashing" similar to above to idendify an adjoining county. I use alarms along with the flashing LED's, to idendify secondary channels used by county and local police in this List.

List#4, so far, I just use yellow to identify police in another county as I don't recieve many freqs' from there.

List#1, I use the white LED to remind me to find a home for these temp. unknowm freqs.

List#5, I will be adding the "GMRS" search as a separate object amd using the "ring alarm" to notify me. I don't feel like there is enough activity in this area for the ring to be a bother.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
My town PD - flashing blue; adjacent town PD - steady blue; county sheriff - purple (cuz my wife thought it was a pretty color); my town FD - red; NIFERN - flashing red; county and my town snowplows - take a guess - white!

KA2WPL

Premium Subscriber
Freqincrazy,

Is there a link or something that get's you started on how to program the functions of that LED? If it's on the GRE website, just aim me there.

Thanks,

Bob
KA2WPL
Central NJ
(I have more "stuff" than my Wife thinks I ought too).

Freqincrazy

Premium Subscriber
Working with the LED feature

If you search for the instructions [ usually in PDF form ], the manual will guide you through it. Save the PDF to your computer for future reference. Once you use the LED feature , you get use to it very quickly. GRE scanners are great !

scannersnstuff

i guess i'm basically lucky. i can usually tell who's talking just by listening. i don't listen to very many pd's. usually what i listen to begins with some kind of tone. but yes, i think the gre psr-410 is pretty good. i'm waiting on my psr-310. maybe a psr-120 <since it's pretty cheap>.

Status
Not open for further replies.