Multi Drop Splitter Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmdoss

Premium Subscriber
I am getting ready to put a Scantenna up in my attic and run the coax to my Central A/V distribution point and split the coax into 4-5 connections that will run to several rooms on our house I will only be using one BR330T scanner on anyone drop at a time.

Just wanted to be able to hook in to the antenna in the attic in several locations where I listen..

My main concern is what type of Splitter/Multicoupler should I be looking since I will be only using one scanner?

Thanks

n5ims

One issue you'll have if you do what it looks like you want to do (antenna to splitter with several outputs, but only have one connected at a time) may cause issues. Unterminated outputs may cause noise and out-of-phase signals to back up into the one in use causing receiption issues (noise, distortion, digital drop outs, etc.). The fix is easy though. Just terminate the unused connections when not in use.

If you use a Cable-TV F connector these should work --> Steren 200-075 F Terminator 75 Ohms | OverdriveElectronics.com

If you use a 50 ohm BNC, then these should work --> 50 OHM BNC TERMINATOR | AllElectronics.com

bmdoss

Premium Subscriber
Terminating.. I would never of thought of that. Thanks..

I have been rethinking my plans and I may just get an Ebay drop amp or just barrel connect which ever connection I plan to use and manually switch when I want to move the unit to another location.

I don't like the loss of a 4 to 5 way splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.