Multi EDACS sites on PSR500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to load McPherson Co. Kansas EDACS system in Win500. This system has 3 sites, they have 5, 5, 4, frequencies in each site respectively. Since these need to be located in LCN, do I have to create 3 TSYS entries so the Freqs. are in the right placement?

These 3 sites are listed as city, county and Lindsborg, but share all the same talk groups. I was told once that the EDACS system doesn't have that long of a range, hence the 3 sites for a 34 Sq. Mi. County.

I love this program and can hardly wait to load it in PSR500 when it gets here Friday!!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm trying to load McPherson Co. Kansas EDACS system in Win500. This system has 3 sites, they have 5, 5, 4, frequencies in each site respectively. Since these need to be located in LCN, do I have to create 3 TSYS entries so the Freqs. are in the right placement?

Yes, you'll have to create three separate TSYS objects, one for each site. And you'll have to have separate talkgroups programmed in for each site - this is because talkgroups are associated with a specific TSYS. You can assign all the talkgroups from all of the sites to a single scanlist if you want to just have this whole 3-site system in one scanlist for easily enabling/disabling.

Mike

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for reply

This is some misc info in the database page -
"McPherson County Sheriff and McPherson Police Units simulcast on both sites. Other units have access to either site individually."

I downloaded the 3 sites separately, but included ALL the Talk groups in each one. I'll lock out or delete the TG's I don't want in each one. That's pretty much what you said I think.

I'm starting to see many different ways to set up a scanner using OO programming, although it's a little tough to get your brain around if your still thinking in banks and channels.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This is some misc info in the database page -
"McPherson County Sheriff and McPherson Police Units simulcast on both sites. Other units have access to either site individually."

I downloaded the 3 sites separately, but included ALL the Talk groups in each one. I'll lock out or delete the TG's I don't want in each one. That's pretty much what you said I think.

I'm starting to see many different ways to set up a scanner using OO programming, although it's a little tough to get your brain around if your still thinking in banks and channels.

I remember coming from the banks n channels as well, and it was a learning curve. I wouldnt' say I've mastered it -- I'd just say I've learned to live with the change :)

Yes, what you did is exactly what you neeed to do. Obviously you can put those talkgroups all in the same scanlist or put each site's talkgroups in a separate scanlist. All depends on how many scanlists you have planned for use and how many you'll have spare.

I listen to the AEP EDACS system here in Ohio/WV; I have four sites programmed. Gets confusing managing them sometimes with all of the talkgroups in the same scanlist even though they are tied to diffrent sites. But it works well.

I don't know if the users on the EDACS system that you listen to use private calls - but it would be a good idea to toss a private wildcard and group wildcard in for each, locked out to start. That way you can just find those wildcards and unlock them if you want to scan for new stuff. A lot of the chatter on the AEP EDACS here is done via private calls between vehicle radios so it is interesting sometimes, other times very annoying.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.