Multi-site Inefficiencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Why does Whistler continue to not add the STATIONARY VS ROAM for multisite trunk systems on their newer scanners? I understand there is a workaround to make this happen, however, this is very inefficient! Whenever I need to edit/add a TG for the system, I have to make the change over 10 times.

If multisite trunk systems carried the same traffic on every site, the ROAM option would be the only option users would need. However, trunk systems that span a large geography area need the ability STATIONARY option to force the scanner to look for different TGs on different sites.

Please, give us the option back!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Specifically the TRX-1 and TRX-2. I know this action goes back to the PSR-800, yet, they still haven't addressed this issue!

Steve2003

Agreed, the Colorado Statewide DTRS system likes to deny talkgroups on specific sites. The only way I have found is to program the same system multiple times with a different site on each one. Although this works as a workaround it quickly becomes extremely cumbersome when you need to make changes for large systems.

tikev

I second that one. It's very annoying and inefficient to program the same system over and over.

It would also be a very helpful feature to be able to assign a site to a scanlist, so we can choose which sites we want to monitor, and which talkgroups we scan, instead of having to program 30 times the same system to achieve that....To program a large Nexedge system, it took me near two hours, just because I want to be able to disable somes sites (which I know I can't monitor from my QTH).

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Agree its a big issue and a pain in the behind to work around.

Having "Check all CCs" back would be wonderful. I have to have a bank set aside for every bloody site then affiliate them to an "Area" bank in my 668 in order to pick up all traffic in the area. I have to do that for several "Areas" I frequent.

Changes are a PITA as well.

Nasby

I love Whistler but they (along with GRE who really started with the elimination of the "Stat" option in the PSR800 / PRO-18) really blew it!

Definitely a step backwards in technology.

troymail

Silent Key
It would also be a very helpful feature to be able to assign a site to a scanlist, so we can choose which sites we want to monitor, and which talkgroups we scan, instead of having to program 30 times the same system to achieve that....To program a large Nexedge system, it took me near two hours, just because I want to be able to disable somes sites (which I know I can't monitor from my QTH).

Yes!

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Back when the PSR-800 first came out I was in contact with GRE about this and other issues.

The answer I received as to why they can't implement this was the SD card can't be read fast enough to sample multiple sites on a single system.

True or not I have no idea, this was just what I was told.

Ubbe

The latest firmware of the TRX-2 scans all sites and all frequencies in a system for one TG during the delay time or infinite with the pause button. This is true for DMR systems.

/Ubbe

theTastyCat

Ubbe, would you say more? Is this a recent firmware change? I'm new and inexperienced, but does this mean we can in fact program all sites?

Ubbe

Yes, the latest firmware upgrade made my TRX-2 scan all sites in a system for the active talk group. Sometimes it cought a distant site with a very low signal strenght, not what you want as the audio where very choppy, and sometimes it picked a strong site. It doesn't matter what values you have on multi-site settings or DSP or ADC settings as those are only valid for P25.

The firmware before that only scanned for the TG on the same site. I think that whistler are slowly improving the firmware with each upgrade and hopefully will get it right at the end.

/Ubbe

theTastyCat

So on a local P25 system I've got the nine closest sites each programmed as individual scanlists - because of this firmware upgrade, should I open up all of them when mobile? Right now I'm running the multi-site low threshold at 50, upper at 95 - maybe increase the low threshold? I think it was a default of 88 before I changed it.

This is exciting!! Man, would be great if they could figure this out - this is a $20-million system with over 100 sites - would be great to just plug all the sites in and drive! Yay Whistler!

wnjl

I also echo these sentiments. I use a TRX-1 now and really like it, but frequently I'll run into times where I'm baffled by the lack of transmissions on my county's TRS, then I check and it's roamed onto one of the sites with minimal activity. Sure, I can just lock this site out, but it's inefficient to keep going back and forth and I've also had instances where I've had to skip or unskip a site several times because it seemingly didn't "take" the first time (a possible bug?). Please just bring the STAT option to this scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.