Multi site question for PSR500

Status
Not open for further replies.

webley445

I am monitoring a type 2 Moto system (Pinellas County). It has two sites, not simulcast.
Am I correct in understanding that to monitor both sites within one TSYS that I would enter in the control channels for both sites and then set the multi site setting to either STAT or ROAM?
Is this the only way to accomplish monitoring both sites as one TSYS?

Here's the deal, normally I just monitor with the CC freqs entered (for both sites). Just a few days ago the CC's changed in the system. I put in the new CC's but not getting as much traffic as I did before. On reccomendation from others in my area I programmed in all the freqs in site 1 and it is an improvement in reception of traffic.
I would just put in all the freqs from both sites but site 1 has 24 freqs and site 2 has 11. I only have 32 slots for freqs in the 500. So whatever suggestions there are I'm listening.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I am monitoring a type 2 Moto system (Pinellas County). It has two sites, not simulcast.
Am I correct in understanding that to monitor both sites within one TSYS that I would enter in the control channels for both sites and then set the multi site setting to either STAT or ROAM?

Here's the deal, normally I just monitor with the CC freqs entered (for both sites). Just a few days ago the CC's changed in the system. I put in the new CC's but not getting as much traffic as I did before. On reccomendation from others in my area I programmed in all the freqs in site 1 and it is an improvement in reception of traffic.
I would just put in all the freqs from both sites but site 1 has 24 freqs and site 2 has 11. I only have 32 slots for freqs in the 500. So whatever suggestions there are I'm listening.

You can't monitor two sites as one system. You will receive two different control channel data streams and your scanner will not track it properly.
Just make it 2 systems and monitor them both simultaneously.

I believe this was answered in your last thread.

http://forums.radioreference.com/florida-radio-discussion-forum/227733-need-both-sites-pinellas.html

webley445

I'm just trying to figure out how to do it properly.
From my other thread, it sounded to me like I was supposed to set up two sites under one TSYS.

So basically I have to set up a TSYS A and TSYS B with duplicate ID's in each?

usswood

don't bother with the other Freqs....only put in the CC and the ALT CC freqs...then set the scanner to multiscan: STAT, then under that, Check all CCs: Yes and the scanner will look at both CCs for Voice channel grants! You are correct in other words!

usswood

You can't monitor two sites as one system. You will receive two different control channel data streams and your scanner will not track it properly.
Just make it 2 systems and monitor them both simultaneously.

I believe this was answered in your last thread.

http://forums.radioreference.com/florida-radio-discussion-forum/227733-need-both-sites-pinellas.html

you cant you monitor different sites within the same system?? I do it all the time in Indiana with Safe-T...there are 3 towers close to me and depending on who's affiliating with what tower, some traffic might be missed...not all traffic is passed to every tower in the system, I have 2 towers in my county and so traffic from one tower is not heard on the other tower because of affiliations!

Status
Not open for further replies.