Multi-Use Radio DXing Kit - June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

I have recently updated and improved my "Ultralight Radio DXing Go Case". As my radio collection has increased, I have needed to find a suitable way to carry my radios while still providing them with a good level of protection. As I am also taking my "daily carry" kit with me more, I was struggling to keep all of this together and to easily have a way to split it when needed.

I ended up placing my 3" FSL at one end and using a piece of pine to divide this off, to the top of this I have attached a small piece of foam wrap, this goes over the top of my 3" FSL and provides some extra protection to this. I have also added some foam to the bottom of this section to keep it in place.

On the left hand side, I have added some dividers to keep my radios in place, this is thick cardboard which has had foam added and then has been wrapped in duct tape, this is about the best tradeoff I could make for weight / protection. I also have my earphones, spare batteries, log sheets and notebook on this side. I have also added a space for my "daily carry" radio case which is a small plastic clip seal container which stores my Digitech AR-1733 plus headphones and spare batteries. This setup provides the best of both worlds, I can grab and go my whole ultralight radio DXing case

Overall, I am very pleased with how well this case has come out, I am able to carry and store multiple radios, log sheets, pens, notes, spare batteries and ear phones, everything I need for portable sessions. It is also small enough to fit in my backpack. For $30 it provides a great level of protection. The best feature is that I can now easily split my kit, taking either the whole kit or just my "daily carry" kit if that is all I want to carry.

While this case was designed for ultralight DXing the same ideas could be used for amateur radio, radio scanning or any other radio storage need.

Photos: Multi-Use Radio DXing Kit - June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.