Multiband VHF-UHF Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCDUG

I am looking for a commercial quality dual band, VHF-UHF base antenna. I need something that will stand up on a tower and is DC grounded for lightening protection. Please no Japense fiberglass amateur grade sticks. I have lost three in the last six months due to lightening or wind damage.

The only one I have found so far is the DB-314 that Andrew no longer makes or will even talk to you about it.
I am thinking of building my own out of a DB-214 and a DB-408. Since I need to move the two top DB-214 elements down the mast opposite the lower elements to make room for the DB-408 elements I need harness wiring information. Anyone have the dimentions for the VHF portion of the DB-314 antenna?

Thanks

SCDUG
foxx04@netzero.net

SCDUG

VHF - UHF Dual Band Base Antennas

Comet and Diamond antennas just will not work! I have lost three Comet GP-98 antennas in the last six months. The first GP-98 was damaged by wind, connections opened up in the base and VSWR went high on all bands. We then tried a Comet GP-15 and a CX-333 all were destroyed by lightening, fiberglass everywhere. My location is in the lightening capital of the world. We average 90 to 100 strikes a year. The only thing we have found that will stand up are the commercial DC grounded antennas.

I am in the process of building a DB-314 antenna. Decibel Products produced this antenna up until Andrew bought them out. They are no longer in production thus we are building our own.

SCDUG

KC0QNB

Here is the problem, most commercial entities don't use dual band antennas, why would they? If you are a commercial entity that uses VHF then you buy a VHF antenna. I you are on UHF you buy a UHF antnnna, the simple answer is this if you want dual band capability you buy a VHF antenna and a UHF antenna. I just did a check and I didn't see any hits for a dual band base station commercial antenna, except for a few that have already been discussed. So it appears you need two antennas one for VHF and one for UHF. there you go btw I checked maxrad and antenex, only dual bands available, were celluar/pcs and 700/800 mHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.