Multimodes for Mac osx ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfflunki

Hi I'm looking for a multimode decoder with pro modes for Mac that I can insert a WAV file recorded from a digital recorder into. I tried porting multipsk with wine bottler and had no luck unfortunately since I have the full versio. and wasn't able to figure out how to load an audio file in fligi. what other opion is there
Dan

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Moved (again) to the correct forum - please see your PM

There really isn't much for the Mac - most all the better software (apart from fldigi, and I think there's a Yahoo support group for that) is Windows based.

The only other package I know of is this....

MultiMode - CW RTTY SSTV FAX MORSE PSK31 ACARS SITOR AMTOR ALE DTMF FFT ASCII Decoding Software for the Macintosh

Although I think you're going to find that for some of the more esoteric modes, using portables fall way short. Still it won't hurt anything to try...Mike

hfflunki

Ya I think you are right I just get a lot of in the 4 and 8 MHz bands at night and being an insomniac thought it would give me somthing to do thanks again

hfflunki

Ya I got multipsk working In wine and multimode well there's a lot of drawbacks for me to even think about buying it for 86 bucks like now spectrogram but I don't know if multipsk is working properly in wine I was haveing a difficult Time reading rtty on 40m but it may have been encrypted because it would end read in multimode either

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Encryption is never allowed on the amateur bands. It's not easy to know what you were listening to, but there are a number of possibilities.

Our wiki has links to a number of sites that have audio samples of various modes; that, along with a display, is a good guide (tho not 100) to be able to guess at what mode you're hearing. See section 2 of...

HF Digital Decoding - The RadioReference Wiki

Like I said in an earlier reply, portables aren't really the best choice for listening to digi. They're often not selective enough (able to select one station out of horde of others) and at least for some modes, the tuning steps aren't fine enough.

Your best bet to try your hand at this is to start with the more regular and stronger stations that have specific schedules - see this thread for more...

http://forums.radioreference.com/shortwave-data-decoding/294503-testing-your-new-setup.html

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.