DSDPlus Multiple (4x) sdr's monitoring P25 control channels only

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocpire

Premium Subscriber
Dsdplus fastlane picks up on my first rtlsdr (nooelec RTL2832) with the FMP24-CC file config'd as such:

Code:
FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -P0.0 -f859.2125
FMP24 -rc -i2 -o20002 -P0.0 -f774.28125
FMP24 -rc -i3 -o20003 -P0.0 -f857.6125
FMP24 -rc -i4 -o20004 -P0.0 -f855.7125

Got an error message that -i2 thru -i4 couldn't be found. Tried invoking multiple dsd folders with separate FMP24-CC files each with single lines pointing to a different -i(2-4) value and still get the same message. All this before running CC decode. Do I have to use the full string identifier in Device Manager? Or can dsdplus even do this? Looked in the help file, searched this forum, etc. Thanks for any help.

Nocpire!

P.S. After that, I've got my CC file set up like this:

Code:
DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>rtl1.log
DSDPlus -rc -i20002 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>rtl1-2.log
DSDPlus -rc -i20003 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>rtl1-3.log
DSDPlus -rc -i20004 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>rtl1-4.log

Thanks again!

BM82557

From Notes.txt -

A -F<num> (file number) command line parameter has been added

When this parameter is used, DSD+ modifies the names of its output files
in order to avoid name collisions with other copies of DSD+

The affected files are DSDPlus.wav and DSDPlus.event
The per-call Record folder's name is also modified

Use this feature if you want multiple copies of DSD+ to share the same
networks, sites, groups, radios and frequencies files

This feature should allow you to simultaneously monitor multiple control channels (sites)
of a network with all group and radio data being stored in the DSDPlus.groups
and DSDPlus.radios files

The sites can be part of a single network or multiple networks;
multiple protocols can be simultaneously monitored

This feature WILL NOT allow you to follow control/rest/voice channel changes
on multiple sites. Upgrades to FMPA and FMP24 will be required to support that.
At present, you must use separate DSD+ installations (folders) to trunk track multiple
site or systems.

DRL-XM43

Using A -F<num> (file number) command line parameter has been added....

I am able to monitor 4 simultaneous P25 Phase 1 or II networks using 4 dongles out of one folder..

I don't because 4 sets of audio coming at me is horrendous :eek:

nocpire

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea of what the hell I did, but I had 4 dsd+ folders as stated in my original post, and got it working. I'm just monitoring control channels, not voice. After the first FMP24-CC would start up (in one folder), starting another one in a separate folder/site would just balk and ***** about not finding any more available sdr's. At least it's working.

Thx all!

P.S. Just hit performance monitor and my Athlon 240GE (2-cores) isn't even breaking a sweat, it's just under 10%.

Adenosine

Did you ever figure out how to do this?
I was never able to figure out using a single folder and copy of DSD+ to run multiple RTL Dongles. I have 2 separate folders with DSD+ copies for each Dongle. Since the update of using one Dongle for each P25 System, it works perfect for me. My systems here are not that busy so I’m not missing anything with the single dongle p25 choice.

I also figured out how to channel it into a Zello feed.

Twoods11

I greatly appreciate your response.

I have two RTL SDRs as well. When you make a folder for each do you have to specify what folder is for what SDR? If so, what folder do I change the config in? Thanks in advance.

slicerwizard

Two folders for each dongle? Why? What's in each folder?

Multiple copies of FMP24 will run in the same folder without issue.

Multiple copies of DSD+ will run in the same folder if each one uses a different filename modifier (-F<num>):

DSDPlus -F1 ...

DSDPlus -F2 ...

DSDPlus -F3 ...

Adenosine

No not multiple folders for each dongle. I’m running separate folders for each dongle.

When I tried the -F1 -F2 thing it would only decrypt one p25 system at a time and show busy. Also Windows 7 seemed to have a hard time starting it up. Each dongle having its own DSD+ runs way smoother on my system and I can decode for separate feeds at the same time.

Adenosine

Well, it definitely works - I do it frequently.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "show busy"?

When I had 2 P25 systems up, I could see one open and decipher. If the other showed data and tried sending it to the 1R.bat, it would say error or busy when sending it to decode.
Maybe because I just had 1R.bat program running.
Anyway....thats why I went the way I did.

DRL-XM43

Although I don't fully understand the issue as described, I would suggest exploring the root cause so the future will be brighter... doing cludgy sounding workarounds may prevent realizing the full and powerful potential of your investment. You will get all the help you need here if you want to work along....

Status
Not open for further replies.