Multiple Antenna Question for 2M/70CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccg_ga

Here is the link to part 3 of the write-up. It covers the install of the Laird SBT3400 straight NMO mounting brackets, Larsen NMOKHFUD mounts and the Larsen NMO2/70B and Larsen NMO450CHW antennas.

ccg_ga

And part 5 (and final) is up. This one wraps the post series up and covers the radio RF grounds, the radio power cables, antenna coax connectors and SWR testing.

ccg_ga

Wow, nice documentation. That'll really help out others when they install their own radios.

Thanks, it only took me 7 months to finish all 5 posts!

Happy to do it given how much yourself and the others on the thread helped me with the install. Hopefully, it will help others who stumble upon this thread in the future as well.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks, it only took me 7 months to finish all 5 posts!

Happy to do it given how much yourself and the others on the thread helped me with the install. Hopefully, it will help others who stumble upon this thread in the future as well.

Yeah, that's the way I look at it, providing detailed information for someone else down the road. It's nice when you can find this sort of information on line. I recently installed in my wife's new truck and was able to find a post from someone that had put a permanent NMO mount in a similar truck. Was nice to be able to just measure and drill and know I was in the right spot.

ccg_ga

Yeah, that's the way I look at it, providing detailed information for someone else down the road. It's nice when you can find this sort of information on line. I recently installed in my wife's new truck and was able to find a post from someone that had put a permanent NMO mount in a similar truck. Was nice to be able to just measure and drill and know I was in the right spot.

Exactly. I have been kicking around the idea of installing radios in my F-150 and hopefully similar info is available for it online. It's a bit more complex to take apart than my 2004 Jeep.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Exactly. I have been kicking around the idea of installing radios in my F-150 and hopefully similar info is available for it online. It's a bit more complex to take apart than my 2004 Jeep.

There are several posts for F-150 installs on this site, just do a search.

I did a 2011 with 2 permanent mount NMO's and documented it pretty well. Easy trucks to install in.
-or-, if yours is newer:

ccg_ga

There are several posts for F-150 installs on this site, just do a search.

I did a 2011 with 2 permanent mount NMO's and documented it pretty well. Easy trucks to install in.
-or-, if yours is newer:

That is perfect - mine is a 2015 which is still the same generation. Thanks!!

cutigerof98

@mmckenna I have been looking at this thread and the write-up by @ccg_ga and have a question on an antenna. I would love to go with the NMO450CHW but it is a few inches longer than I can use. I can go with 32" or maybe 33" without it hitting the garage door every time. I will be mounting it in a similar location as @ccg_ga to get better performance than a rear mount. Would the Laird BB4505CNS be a good option? Is is just over 32" in length. I will be using the MXT275 radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.