Multiple Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdrock

I have astro plane clone for cb.
Going to get a scantenna for the scanner.
I have a forty foot push up mast outside,
(right now is only up about twenty five feet)the antenna that is on it got blasted with lighting.
Can I put the scantenna below the astro plane if so how far?
Or should I put scantenna on a separate mast away from transmitting Ant. if so how far?

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just as long as the antennas don't get tangled in each other you'll be just fine. Uh, can that Astroplane junk. Put up something with a bit of gain and uncover that mast so you can get the Scantenna just a bit farther up. You'll be glad you did, your CB will thank you.

hdrock

What omnidirectional antenna do you suggest I put up?
Seriously!!! 25 years ago I had A HiGain,5/8,wave, ground plane that worked great.
I talked skip from Michigan to Tennessee on A Robyn, T123B, bare foot
Today ,I don't know whats the best out there.
Thanks for the input

prcguy

Oh boy, a "whats the best CB antenna" thread could be never ending and have lots of silly things to read.
25yrs ago was probably near the peak of that sunspot cycle and you don't need much power or antenna on CB/10m to talk far. My most memorable 10m contacts were from Los Angeles to Wisconsin using a 20w military manpack radio in by back yard. The interesting thing was, after the gentleman gave me an excellent report, I noticed there was no antenna on the radio, just the 8 inch long spring sticking out of the top of the manpack. I also made a contact from Long Beach, CA to Ireland with a 5w 10m SSB handheld with its little attached 4ft telescoping whip.
prcguy

Status
Not open for further replies.