Multiple EDACS in one bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELCOLHFC

Hello all, I do not have any EDACS systems that I monitor from home or work so I have zero 96/2096 EDACS expierience. My question now that I am setting up a Win96 file for a road trip is can I program more than one EDACS system in one bank or are we limited to one such system per bank. I know I can't mix them in with all the Moto systems I have been entering.
Thanks in advance!

Bucko

EDACS in one bank only, you need to have the correct LCN order. Example

ch1 AEP Morgan 855.86250 EDACS
ch2 AEP Morgan 859.28750 EDACS
ch3 AEP Morgan 860.28750 EDACS

DELCOLHFC

Thanks, I understand the LCN order BUT I need to find out if we can have more than one system per bank like we do with the MOTO systems.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
well if you can find more than one frequency 01, 02 etc. then you could put them in one bank. But 11, 12 is not the same as 01, 02 so you can't put more than one edacs in a bank.

DELCOLHFC

Now I get it....I think.

n4voxgill said:
well if you can find more than one frequency 01, 02 etc. then you could put them in one bank. But 11, 12 is not the same as 01, 02 so you can't put more than one edacs in a bank.

O.K. Now I guess I understand LCN order a little better (red faced). So only one EDACS per bank.
Thanks guys, sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Unless you can find sites that don't overlap on the LCNs. There are such systems out there; for example if you find one that starts at 7 and goes up to 14 then you could put it and another that starts at 1 and goes to 5 or 6, but you still have the AFS overlap to deal with, but if you are just scanning while traveling, it won't make much difference.

RadioMarkW

As Lou Maag has stated you can put more than one site in a bank BUT they should probably be from the same system. I have such a set up for Scott County Iowa that is the same system. One site goes up to 15 channels and the other site 16-20. Both are from the SAME system and it works wonderfully well!! If I loose one site I pick up the other with no dropouts!!

I don't know if it would work the same with different systems.

Regards

DickH

DELCOLHFC said:
... My question now that I am setting up a Win96 file for a road trip is can I program more than one EDACS system in one bank or are we limited to one such system per bank. I know I can't mix them in with all the Moto systems I have been entering.
Thanks in advance!

NO. Only 1 EDACS system per bank. But I don't see any reason why you can't put a Motorola system in the same bank with an EDACS system after the EDACS freqs. Of course, the EDACS freqs. MUST be in the exact channels in LCN (Logical Channel Number) order; 02, 05. 08, 12, etc.
The different format of the talk groups could be a problem, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.