Multiple Feed Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
I need some help here folks. I have two feeds (currently) on one computer. I am having a difficult time understanding the instructions for multiple feeds (below). Can anyone help me out?

• How can I run multiple copies of ScannerCast on one machine, to allow me to support multiple feeds?
It's easy. From ScannerCast's author K1PGV's Web Site:
ScannerCast takes an optional command-line parameter that's interpreted as a configuration file name.
This means that if you start ScannerCast with the following command (Where do I put this? Where do I create the file? I do know how to create the file. So I make one for each feed?):
ScannerCast config1.ini
ScannerCast will:
1. Read parameters from the configuration file "config1.ini" when it starts (if this file exists -- If it doesn't exist, ScannerCast uses its default parameters).
2. Save any changes that you make to the configuration in the file named "foo.ini"
By the way, ScannerCast saves configuration information after it successfully starts broadcasting (after you click the "Start Broadcast" button).

Adenosine

ScannerCast takes an optional command-line parameter that's interpreted as a configuration file name.
This means that if you start ScannerCast with the following command (Where do I put this?
Put the .ini file name, what you would like to call it, example “scanner1.ini” in the command line as pictured. When you start ScannerCast with this line in there it will create the .ini (configuration file). Put the added file name in the command line of a shortcut icon.

scannercast_002.jpg

Where do I create the file? I do know how to create the file. So I make one for each feed?):
You don’t, when ScannerCast actually makes the connection, it creates the .ini file. You can watch this by leaving your folder open, deleting the scannercast.ini file, when you put in all new settings and connect, it creates a new one. Same thing happens when you use a new .ini name such as scanner1.ini, that you made in the command line.

scannercast_001.jpg

2. Save any changes that you make to the configuration in the file named "foo.ini"
I never saved any changes because it’s so easy to re-enter everything. Not sure what that is all about.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bentley

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm having some trouble also. Is there any way you can put the pictures back up Adenosine? It looks like the links to the pics are broken.

rbm

Here's one example of multiple feeds.

I have ScannerCast in a separate folder for each feed and created a short cut for each feed to a folder.
Note that the 'Sound Input' is different for each feed. I have multiple sound cards/USB dongles for each.

You must set up 'Port Forwarding' for each port and open your firewall for each port.

If you click on the image to get the hi-resolution image, you can see the settings for each.
The fourth instance of WinAMP is my public feed on Broadcastify and that's on another computer.

Rich

Edit: The FreeSCAN server is accessed by nick0909's Android APP 'RemoteFS' so I can control the feed from anywhere.

Multiple scanner feeds:

Last edited:

rbm

By the way, there's nothing complicated about the shortcut to run ScannerCast.

It will remember (in the ScannerCast.ini file) what you selected on the Config panel.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.