multiple feeds in one player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFN05

Anyone know of a way to play multiple feeds in one player? I am trying to set up a "pre-set" of sorts where I can open and listen to a group of my favorite feeds all at once. If such a player does not exist, is there any way to create a shortcut to just the player window itself, without the surrounding web page? This way I could just open a group of individual web players and view them in a matrix of sorts.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
If you get a premium subscription you can add all the feed you like to your RR and they will all appear in "My Favorite Audio Feeds" on the home page. You can have all your favorite feeds in one place. If you are just wanting to open just the player, you can click the yellow listen icon and it will open in a new page with just the player.

Last edited:

VFN05

multi feeds in one player

Thanks Kendrick. This helps a bit. What I am trying to do is get just the web player itself into a window. Yes, I know I can open it and then resize it and scroll around to get it in position, but being able to open a window with just the player would be preferable.

Alternatively, if there was a player with a multiple feed option, that would be ideal. My goal is to create something where I can monitor a group of feeds for agencies in my state, but that are outside my local area. If you have ever seen what one of the new centracom dispatch consoles looks like...that is my goal. Something to monitor multiple feeds and can see at a glance which one is transmitting.

I figured rather than trying to reinvent the wheel I would ask the creative folks on here. :)

-Jason

Scan-Denver

Winamp allows for multiple instances to be able to monitor more than one feed at a time. You will just need to set the option for multiple instances after you install it and then open a new winamp window for every different feed.

VFN05

Problem solved!

Well, it was not how I expected to solve the problem, but I found an alternative that works pretty well. I took Kendrik's advice and added the stations I want into my preferences. Once that was done, I opened multiple instances of the web player and scaled them down. Since I am using firefox, there is an option for saving window locations upon exit. This way when I open firefox, all of my resized windows reopen automatically with just the web player visible. The result is as many as 12 feeds visible and able to be monitored at the same time. It's like having your own "virtual radio console", where you can control audio levels and everything from the click of a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.