BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Multiple GPS locations for one group

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
With the help of several people here I am learning the differences between my SDS and the 352P2 and using Proscan to practice programing a 352 before I decide to purchase one. One thing I could not figure out was if more then one GPS location can be created for one group. One particular group I want to create has a GPS location that spans my entire state when I would only be able to hear them in a small potion. They only way I could figure this out was to create multiple groups of the same and adjust the GPS.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
With the help of several people here I am learning the differences between my SDS and the 352P2 and using Proscan to practice programing a 352 before I decide to purchase one. One thing I could not figure out was if more then one GPS location can be created for one group. One particular group I want to create has a GPS location that spans my entire state when I would only be able to hear them in a small potion. They only way I could figure this out was to create multiple groups of the same and adjust the GPS.
Sites, not groups. The sites are used by the system, to broadcast to groups (agencies and "channels" used by that agency.

On a statewide system, agency's that are statewide (say state police) typically allow a unit (car) to work from anywhere in the state.