• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Multiple MDC codes in one radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemedic449

Hello, I have an issue when programming my radios for the departments I am with,
So I have a HT1250 UHF radio and I have programmed 2 zones in it, one for my volunteer dept. and one for my job. I have 2 different unit numbers and I am trying to program the radio to where depending on what zone im in it will transmit the proper MDC, Thus far MDC-1 seems to work fine, but when I switch to zone 2 and transmit I hear the noise MDC makes but on the receiving radio it wont display the MDC nor will the radio im transmitting from display a MDC when I transmit from a separate radio that works fine. Anyone have any ideas?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
but when I switch to zone 2 and transmit I hear the noise MDC makes but on the receiving radio it wont display the MDC nor will the radio im transmitting from display a MDC when I transmit from a separate radio that works fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Is it actually transmitting MDC, or are you just hearing the sidetone?

Firemedic449

I guess I'm just hearing the side tone, but I haven't been able to find any information on if a 1250 can support multiple MDC, as in encode and decode.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have an issue when programming my radios for the departments I am with,
So I have a HT1250 UHF radio and I have programmed 2 zones in it, one for my volunteer dept. and one for my job. I have 2 different unit numbers and I am trying to program the radio to where depending on what zone im in it will transmit the proper MDC, Thus far MDC-1 seems to work fine, but when I switch to zone 2 and transmit I hear the noise MDC makes but on the receiving radio it wont display the MDC nor will the radio im transmitting from display a MDC when I transmit from a separate radio that works fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Did you create a second MDC system and a new personality to go with it?

You can't use the same personalty with multiple MDC IDs, but you can have multiple personalities, each with a different MDC ID.

It also works better if you don't try to assign the same personality to multiple zones. And it's easier to manage multiple scan lists, too.

Firemedic449

They are the same channel but listed as like so...
Ops 1 z1
Ops 2 z1
Ops 3 z1
Ops 1 z2
Ops 2 z2
Ops 3 z2
So the channels have the same frequency and pl , MDC 1 is assigned to zone 1 and MDC 2 is assigned to zone 2, but only MDC 1 will display the ID on the receiving radio [cdm1250] and only MDC 1 will display a ID on the ht1250 when it receives a transmission

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
They are the same channel but listed as like so...
Ops 1 z1
Ops 2 z1
Ops 3 z1
Ops 1 z2
Ops 2 z2
Ops 3 z2
So the channels have the same frequency and pl , MDC 1 is assigned to zone 1 and MDC 2 is assigned to zone 2, but only MDC 1 will display the ID on the receiving radio [cdm1250] and only MDC 1 will display a ID on the ht1250 when it receives a transmission
You can not assign multiple MDC IDs to a single personality.

Do this:

Ops 1a z1 MDC1
Ops 2a z1 MDC1
Ops 3a z1 MDC1
Ops 1b z2 MDC2
Ops 2b z2 MDC2
Ops 3b z2 MDC2

Ops 1a and 1b are identical personalities except they have different MDC IDs assigned to each and each personality is assigned to a different zone.

On the receive side of the personalities, unless you have separate Call Lists for each zone, you can just assign MDC1 to everything since that simply makes the personality display received MDC IDs. If you have separate Call lists, then assign the MDC systems separately based on zone.

Firemedic449

Ive tried making duplicate personalities with separate MDC , dont know what else it could be, but is it possible for radio to handle this task?

Status
Not open for further replies.