Multiple pipes from one SDR device

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMRdude

I am trying to monitor a number of different radio signals in a tight bandwidth at once. I would like to be able to use one device, like the SDRplay devices that can monitor 10MHz and separate the output into multiple streams around the desired frequencies. Their software allows this but only sends it to a sound card. I need to send it to a pipe to run through dsdcc for streaming. I am also trying to do this on raspberry Pis so I am looking for a headless
command-line based solution.
My best idea is to have master unit runing with the SDRplay running rx_tcp or a sox server and have the slave units pull the data from the master in the proper frequency ranges to run through DSDCC and stream; however I have not found any solution that would allow me to take the IQ data from the network stream to a pipe. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

DMRdude

This looks like sonething that soapy-remote may do based on the proposed uses in their documentation; but, I cannot find any examples remotely similar to this. I also would not be opposed to running the "Server" on a more capable machine if necessary.
Has anybody else done anything like this?

D

DaveNF2G

You can use multiple VFOs (SDR# plugin) and configure each VFO's output to a specific Virtual Audio Cable path, then have your software listening to the desired VAC channel.

It sounds like you need to concatenate the streams, which would probably require a separate application (something like Display Launcher for aviation digital modes).

DMRdude

That's exactly the functionality I'm trying to implement; however I need to do it all from scripts since I am running headless/gui-free machines. Is there a way to do it with Sox? Ham2mon (https://github.com/madengr/ham2mon) looks like it might do what I want. Has anyone used it and know if it supports unix pipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.