Multiple Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

I have seen this several times today.

Many many posts. Like 5 to 10 of the same exact thread. Is this some type of bug or virus? Someone messing with the site?

Just curious. Here is an example if the mods to delete them:

Louisiana Forum

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
As Lindsay works on the site, I fear this might happen occasionally. It has happened in the past and probably will happen again. It is a timing issue, sometimes when he is doing an update of software at the same time the post is being sent, this happens. Really the only thing we need to do is to click on one of them and report it as many multiple posts. One of the moderators will get to it and remove all but one.

safetyobc

Sorry for the double myself.

I pushed submit button and waited and waited, etc. Nothing happened so I started all over. I guess it posted after all.

matt :D

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
When I have that problem (as I did yesterday), I just open another tab in Firefox and go to the 'new posts' bookmark I have stored in my browser, and look for the message I just posted. If I see it, I don't hit Submit a second time...

safetyobc

I actually did do that. But didnt' see the post and is why I submitted a new post.

Actually, both posts were not showing up so I just shut the PC down and went to bed. Got up this morning and had 2 posts. lol

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I really, honestly, think this is a case of lack of patience and user error. Plus, we might have some times on the site when things get really busy, especially in the early evening. This can cause a less than instantanous reponse, for which people just click click click...

I've up'd the min time between posts to 60 seconds. Let's see if this helps resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.