Multiple profiles on 436?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I currently have a 325P2 and like it, but wanting to add a 436HP due to traveling. Is it possible to create multiple profiles on the SD card and switch between them by the menu? I have seen others mention using seperate SD cards for each profile but that seems like a lot of extra work and the potential to loose more stuff than I already do. I wouldn't have an issue with upgrading to a larger card if that's what it would take.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
and the easier option is the 436 keep the Library updated and use a GPS then it is hands free traveling and scanning.

Yes I do like the library feature one of the reasons I want the 436, however there are some systems that I want to custom edit and I don't think I can do that without saving them into the profile.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
With 99 favorites you could build them and use them with the GPS or just turn them on when needed.

Yes I could was just looking for a way to easier organize things for each state. I can just setup the major systems in the qk keys and use the library for the rest of the outlying areas.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
A profile defines all the settings for the scanner in Sentinel. "Profile" has no meaning in the scanner itself. It gets what has been written to it...

Rick36695

If you want to listen to different counties as you travel through them while on the road a gps is the way to go. If you go to certain places on a regular basis set up favorite lists for the different places.

For example I have several favorite lists for several places I visit regularly: Mobile, Knoxville, Birmingham, Sunnyside for: Mobile AL, Knoxville TN, Birmingham AL and Sunnyside, FL.

You can also hit menu, scroll down to Set Your Location, select Auto Locate. I'm not sure how safe this would be while driving, eyes on the road always however, if you had a copilot it could be done.

The problem with this method is on the interstate passing through a county often takes less than 15-20 minutes. But I do find this method useful when I'm in a motel over night, a restaurant, rest stop, some place were I'll be there more then a couple of minutes.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you want to listen to different counties as you travel through them while on the road a gps is the way to go. If you go to certain places on a regular basis set up favorite lists for the different places.

You can also hit menu, scroll down to Set Your Location, select Auto Locate. I'm not sure how safe this would be while driving, eyes on the road always however, if you had a copilot it could be done.

I agree that GPS is the best way.

Auto-locate only works for certain types of systems, so use that option with caution.

If you have FLs for each of the mentioned areas (Mobile, Knoxville, B-ham, Sunnyside), you may wish to consider a separate Quick Key for each of these. Then set your scanner range to about 30. As you get within 30 miles, turn the appropriate Quick Key on. Be sure Location Control for these is OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.