Multiple Receive Only Radios On One Antenna

R22Beta

Is there any issues plugging multiple radios (receive only) to the same antenna using an SMA tee?

I have a UHF/VHF antenna on my roof that works great when plugged into my Airspy or Uniden scanner, but I currently can't use both at the same time unless I just put a small whip on one of them.

I would like it if the airspy and the Uniden scanner could both use the antenna, but I am not sure if there would be some unforseen consequence of doing this.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
From a personal non scientific point of view, I had two of the y's connected together connecting 3 dongles to one antenna, not going to pick up weaker signals this way, but was fine with stronge signals

Thus guy uses a splitter

R22Beta

Thanks for all the replies. What is the difference between a drop amp and the multicouplers linked above? There is a big difference in price:oops:

prcguy

Thanks for all the replies. What is the difference between a drop amp and the multicouplers linked above? There is a big difference in price:oops:
A purpose designed multicoupler is the right way to do it in my opinion. A drop amp is designed for use in a closed cable TV system with a finite amount of carriers at known levels, not for connection to an antenna unless specifically marketed as such.