• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Multiple Receiver Audio Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_ALSCAN

I've been searching for an easy way to record multiple receivers.

Several times, I've been at work/asleep/ or simply not had a scanner on, and a major event has occurred. I would like to be able to go back and listen to the recorded audio.

Of course, I could simply run several instances of a scanner audio recording program. But, where is the coolness in that? I would like to record audio directly to a computer, for easier playback and searching.

I've had difficulty in finding a multiple input recording device that had VOX capability.

I think I may have finally found an affordable solution.

digital-loggers.com lists 2 possibilities, both connect to the computer with a USB connection.

The first unit is called Radio Logger, and has 8 XLR inputs, and is priced at $595
http://digital-loggers.com/radlog.html

The second unit is an 8 input telephone logger, with RJ-11 connectors, and is priced at only $395
http://digital-loggers.com/dli.MIL8000U.html

Does anyone on this board have any experience withe digital-loggers equipment?

The $395 price on the telephone logger is very attractive. However, would I need any special filters or transformers to drop the audio down to the proper levels? Or, would I just be better off going with the XLR input unit?

I will probably leave the audio source radios on a single frequency, each. Therefore I plan on using Motorola Maxtracs, as they are more compact (and probably cheaper) than using scanners for my audio sources.

Does anyone know of a better solution, than any of the above?

Thanks,
Rob

KC0QNB

You can get a multi channel sound card for $150, then use a 1-7 channel recorder software like this I use a couple of their products no problems so far. wouldn't hurt to use a "direct box" like of course the cost is still around $400 but is a complete system.

Last edited:

N_ALSCAN

Thanks for the link to NCH software, I had not seen that company or software before.
I especially like the remote control and remote listen software.
It is really tempting, since the software is currently on sale at about 50% off normal price until July 15th.

I would like to hear from anyone who is using this software, to see which soundcards work best.

I am thinking that I will use the M-Audio Delta 1010LT soundcard, as that appears to be the card that they are selling for their software.

Thanks again, and I will be downloading the trial this holiday weekend to check it out....

Rob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As listed in our recording software wiki, several of the Signal Intelligence products such as Trunkstar Pro mention they can record from multiple inputs. Something else to consider - although I'm not a fan at all of their habit of making their audio files unplayable in standard windows players.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.