multiple scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMYKEL

I am looking for some suggestions on the use of a 2nd (pro-528) and a 3rd (old desktop w/800) scanner. I have a pro-106 that has everything i need and dont know what to do or program the others to do

thanks

georgew0819

Multiple Scanners

I have several that I use what I've done is set the 197 to cover the digital and conventional PD's in my area, a BC895 for the conventional FD's a Pro 2020 for conventional Public Works/Utilities and a Pro 33 for misc stuff. This way, say there's a fire and the fire channels are busy the other scanners let me hear what else is going on and I don't miss anything!

SCPD

QRT
You can setup an audio feed.
You can decode acars messages if you into aviation.
You can give one to somebody and get them into the hobby.
You can see if the 528 can be tapped and use it for control channel decoding with Unitrunker.
You can use it just for closecall/Signal stalker stuff.

These are just a few things

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
It all depends on where you are, what you monitor, and the type of signals. I dedicate one scanner to each TRS in my area. Another for conventional. Another for CHP (low band VHF). Each of my scanners have different antennas feeding them, because CHP needs VHF low and all the TRSs I monitor are in the 800 MHz band. Some people enjoy listening to marine, aviation, amateur or other such bands. If your area does not have much LE/fire traffic, then you can leave a scanner there and listen to chatty stuff elsewhere. There really is a LOT to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.