ProScan: Multiple Scanners

scannerowner

I want to remotely listen to my BCD996T and eventually 536HP. I know I need 2 audio inputs, if someone can help figure it out. Then I want to control both scanners remotely and hear audio.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I want to remotely listen to my BCD996T and eventually 536HP. I know I need 2 audio inputs, if someone can help figure it out. Then I want to control both scanners remotely and hear audio.
You mean two audio inputs to your PC?

Generally, the sound card in a PC has an input for a microphone, and some also have a 'line in' audio input.

But you can add additional audio ports using inexpensive USB external sound cards. Here's one example, from Amazon:

You can find a number of other similar devices on Amazon, eBay, & elsewhere with a simple search via Googleor the search engine of your choice.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
This is what you want my setup 16 scanners on 16 copies of PROSCAN on 1 PC.
I can come in on Proscan Clients or I can use ANYDESK and remote into the controlling PC.

scannerowner

I have used Freescan to record audio fone the 996T. Can I use the line in with an adapter or does it have to be a separate sound card?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I use good not cheap usb hubs
1 the line L & R
4 USB LINE IN L & R
6 NETWORK 5 536'S AND SDS200

cg

Premium Subscriber
As was mentioned, the 536 has WIFI network connectivity that include the audio. You can use the soundcard with the 996 and the network connection with the 536.
I would test the 536 WIFI for a bit to be sure there aren't any issues with loss of connection. I have had it simply stop working and not reconnect. I believe that was another thing that was left unfinished by UPMan when he passed away.

chris