ProScan: Multiple Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerowner

I want to remotely listen to my BCD996T and eventually 536HP. I know I need 2 audio inputs, if someone can help figure it out. Then I want to control both scanners remotely and hear audio.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I want to remotely listen to my BCD996T and eventually 536HP. I know I need 2 audio inputs, if someone can help figure it out. Then I want to control both scanners remotely and hear audio.
You mean two audio inputs to your PC?

Generally, the sound card in a PC has an input for a microphone, and some also have a 'line in' audio input.

But you can add additional audio ports using inexpensive USB external sound cards. Here's one example, from Amazon:

You can find a number of other similar devices on Amazon, eBay, & elsewhere with a simple search via Googleor the search engine of your choice.

scannerowner

I have used Freescan to record audio fone the 996T. Can I use the line in with an adapter or does it have to be a separate sound card?

cg

Premium Subscriber
As was mentioned, the 536 has WIFI network connectivity that include the audio. You can use the soundcard with the 996 and the network connection with the 536.
I would test the 536 WIFI for a bit to be sure there aren't any issues with loss of connection. I have had it simply stop working and not reconnect. I believe that was another thing that was left unfinished by UPMan when he passed away.

chris

scannerowner

Can I stream audio from my 996T to the RadioFeed server? What's the best way to get the audio to go between 2 scanners into one sound card? Just a simple splitter into the stereo port on the PC?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Can I stream audio from my 996T to the RadioFeed server? What's the best way to get the audio to go between 2 scanners into one sound card? Just a simple splitter into the stereo port on the PC?
If said soundcard has a mic input AND a line-in input you can use both & point each Proscan or Radiofeed instance to the appropriate input

NYAirOne

I use a audio splitter cable to record 2-scanners to 1 soundcard line input. Example scanner #1 is a 15X and scanner #2 is a 996XT. Make the first scanner the left cable side and second scanner right cable side. You go into audio settings in ProScan. Radio #1 you turn up all the left side sliders and turn down all the right side sliders. For radio #2 you do the opposite, Right side sliders up and left sliders down. Set to record and playback to mono. Now one radio will record/playback on left channel and other radio will be on right channel. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.