Multiple site Edacs on PRO-164?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if other people have this same issue but here it is: I Know how to program a single city edacs system and I did it for Clearwater, Fl and it works flawlessly. However I am stumped on how to program in multiple site edacs systems into the same bank, is this possible or no?

Edit: Is it possible to scan an edacs system similar to this: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=965

Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
best practice is to program one EDACS system per bank for the PRO164

LMR_Dude

I'm not sure if other people have this same issue but here it is: I Know how to program a single city edacs system and I did it for Clearwater, Fl and it works flawlessly. However I am stumped on how to program in multiple site edacs systems into the same bank, is this possible or no?

Edit: Is it possible to scan an edacs system similar to this: AmerenMissouri (EDACS) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

I dont own a scanner but I do program radios for a multi-site public saftey system. The problem I see with multiple sites per bank (as I understand a channel bank) is monitoring the control channel. Susbscriber radios can only monitor one CC per site. An algorithim is used to determine the best CC to monitor but only one is used at a time.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah I started thinking that it'd be impossible due to logical numbering

It's not possible primarily for this reason.

Even if you were lucky enough to find two EDACS systems with non-overlapping LCN's, if they were both local systems, the scanner would lock on one control channel and have no way to know you want it to check the other control channel also.

This is where the Uniden DMA scanners really shine. You can add multiple sites to a single system, and even have them share the same talkgroups. With the GRE/RS scanners, if you have a single EDACS system that uses the same talkgroups across multiple non-simulcast sites, you have to duplicate all of the talkgroups for each site, which results in a big waste of memory.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber

Even if you were lucky enough to find two EDACS systems with non-overlapping LCN's, if they were both local systems, the scanner would lock on one control channel and have no way to know you want it to check the other control channel also.

This is where the Uniden DMA scanners really shine. You can add multiple sites to a single system, and even have them share the same talkgroups. With the GRE/RS scanners, if you have a single EDACS system that uses the same talkgroups across multiple non-simulcast sites, you have to duplicate all of the talkgroups for each site, which results in a big waste of memory.

The sites that I want to scan share similar LCN's so it wouldn't be possible. Darn, time to get a uniden (when I get some $). Thanks you anyways everyone.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

And a big waste of time it spends scanning

scottyhetzel

My uniden 15x has : 16 systems..50 sites...1733 ch.. And I have only used 10% of the memory. However the more you scan the more you miss.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the RS forum. Please do not use any of the Commercial and Professional Radio forums for scanner related questions.

DickH

The sites that I want to scan share similar LCN's so it wouldn't be possible. Darn, time to get a uniden (when I get some $). ...

A Uniden can't do what you want - no radio can. You MUST put each site in a separate bank. The PRO-164 has 20 banks. Isn't that enough?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
A Uniden can't do what you want - no radio can.

I guess you're not familiar with Uniden DMA scanners. :confused:

The BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD396XT and BCD996XT allow you to have up to 256 Motorola or EDACS sites in a single system, which allow all sites to share up to 500 talkgroups.

That sounds like exactly what the OP wants to accomplish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.