• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Multiple sites APX7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowerszach

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if someone is good with apx programming. Wanting to use my apx7000 for both departments I’m on. Different sites and different radio ids is this possible?

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
You'd need to program the system twice, and create separate zones. Program the sites respective to each zone, and ID's respective to each zone. Of course, if you're permitted to do so.

Tech21

Yes. If you are authorized to do so. You have to go into conventional if it's VHF, or trunking systems if it's a trunked radio. You add both systems under trunking system(if it's a trunked system) and then under trunking personality you add the channels you want. After than you go into Zone Channel Assignment and create zones. In that zone, you can make a multi-zone channel and add both under the same zone. After that you just build the scan list.

Conventional is pretty much the same thing except instead of trunking you add the systems under conventional and the personalities under conventional.

K2NEC

Yes. If you are authorized to do so. You have to go into conventional if it's VHF, or trunking systems if it's a trunked radio. You add both systems under trunking system(if it's a trunked system) and then under trunking personality you add the channels you want. After than you go into Zone Channel Assignment and create zones. In that zone, you can make a multi-zone channel and add both under the same zone. After that you just build the scan list.

Conventional is pretty much the same thing except instead of trunking you add the systems under conventional and the personalities under conventional.
Not so fast. If it's a trunking system he will need a system key for both systems. If he is a legit user, the question comes to, does he have the ability to even program these systems into his radio?

OP, considering you are someone that uses this on a public safety system, if you don't know what you are doing, I suggest contacting your radio admin or radio shop. They will be able to assist you better. But to answer your question, yes it is possible.

bowerszach

Premium Subscriber
Better re-phrase what i am trying to do. We use a 700mhz P25 Simulcast system. I am trying to make sure that when traveling i can still hear the talk groups. I have made sites under the Trunk Systems for each Tower or Site that i travel through for coverage. I also under the Trunk Personality put each site as a preferred site in Allowed. My main site i have as preferred and the others i travel through as least. Does this sound correct. Also how do i change which site its connecting to?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
The suggestion of contacting the system admin/owner is still the best answer. If your life depends on this radio and the proper programming of it I'd hate to see you injured or worse due to a programming issue. Actually I'd hate to see you injured for any reason, but programming issues can be avoided and be one less thing to worry about.

K2NEC

The suggestion of contacting the system admin/owner is still the best answer. If your life depends on this radio and the proper programming of it I'd hate to see you injured or worse due to a programming issue. Actually I'd hate to see you injured for any reason, but programming issues can be avoided and be one less thing to worry about.
Exactly. This isn't analog we are talking about here. Trunking is very intricate and one small mistake could cause the radio to fail at possibly the worst possible moment. It's understandable that the OP is trying to figure this out on his own but I think the best thing is to leave it to the people that know the system the best.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Better re-phrase what i am trying to do. We use a 700mhz P25 Simulcast system. I am trying to make sure that when traveling i can still hear the talk groups.
In addition to the way the radio works, the SYSTEM has to allow those talk groups on those other sites. Many large systems limit the roaming of talkgroups to other areas to prevent traffic dragging.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Better re-phrase what i am trying to do. We use a 700mhz P25 Simulcast system. I am trying to make sure that when traveling i can still hear the talk groups. I have made sites under the Trunk Systems for each Tower or Site that i travel through for coverage. I also under the Trunk Personality put each site as a preferred site in Allowed. My main site i have as preferred and the others i travel through as least. Does this sound correct. Also how do i change which site its connecting to?
The system that you are authorized on should be providing you a reference codeplug, fleetmap with authorized talkgroups, failsoft data, and what TGs are wide area/zone restricted only. The system support fold should be able to guide you and should be your "go to" to get the accurate data on how to build your templates/codeplugs to match what they've given you to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.