Multiple sound cards on 1 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I have an older HP desktop, running XP, which I'm running one feed on at this time. The desktop is using its internal sound card.

I have a new Soundblaster external PCI card.

Can I install this external sound card on my PC, and still use the internal card, to be able to send out two feeds from one PC? Will the external disable my internal when I install it?

Thank you,

Alan McClain
ka4bni@ka4bni.com

SCPD

QRT
You should be able to. Scanner Cast will let you choose which one to use. I run 3 sound cards in a PC and it works great.

I have an older HP desktop, running XP, which I'm running one feed on at this time. The desktop is using its internal sound card.

I have a new Soundblaster external PCI card.

Can I install this external sound card on my PC, and still use the internal card, to be able to send out two feeds from one PC? Will the external disable my internal when I install it?

Thank you,

Alan McClain
ka4bni@ka4bni.com

nunyax

Speaking for myself, I run different brands. On 1 Windows XP PC I run:

onboard SoundMax audio
Creative Sound Blaster PCI
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI
Generic ALS4000 PCI
plus 4 of the cheap USB sound cards on a hub

Works great. Hope that helps.

SCPD

QRT
I use 3 different brands to make things easier. The one built in on the mobo, pci and a usb one. I have not tried using two of the exact ones but that would be a good experiment to try one of these days. The PC is running WinXP and works really well. I use two of the sound cards for scanner streaming and the other one for recording of various audio from an FM tuner or satellite receiver.

SCPD

QRT
Speaking for myself, I run different brands. On 1 Windows XP PC I run:

onboard SoundMax audio
Creative Sound Blaster PCI
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI
Generic ALS4000 PCI
plus 4 of the cheap USB sound cards on a hub

Works great. Hope that helps.

Now that's a streaming beast!!

SCPD

QRT
All the packages will support what recording audio input you will choose to send the scanner audio into. I use radiofeed ProScan i have 3 instances of this app running on my windows xp audio server with 3 usb sound cards. I have zero issues with this configuration. Mike Xeno: FEEDS

Status
Not open for further replies.