Multiple systems on PRO-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

tes151

I'm a little confused as far as how many different systems I can put on the PRO-106. I'm a truck driver that runs the same route every week across five different states. I have the local system programmed in, but was wondering if I can also have up to four more systems from other states on the scanner at the same time? To be run separately as I go across these other states. Is this something I would load into the V-Scanner to pull up as needed? I'm very new to this digital scanning, and this scanner also, and tha manual is somewhat confusing about some things too. Thanks for any info.

JoeyC

You can have many more systems than just 4or 5 in that scanner at one time. Given what you have written, it is not even necessary to use the V-Folders, although that is an option also. Depending on how much stuff you want to program in, you have 20 "lists" that you could set up as "regions" in your travel across the states. You can duplicate systems across more than one list if you choose also. If you program this scanner with software, it will be easier to see how to do this than trying to do it through the keyboard.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
My bride of 49 years doesn't like to fly so for a 1400 mile trip we take once a year I set my scanner to one days drive. The last scanlist of a day is repeated in next days first scanlist. Each day drive is around 460 miles at about 7 1/2 hours including rest stops and lunch.

I print in BOLD 16 font, a single--folded twice page listing of the three scanlist which is stored under the edge of garage door opener on sun visor exposing only the current list of travel.

The three V-Folders use 1350 to 1500 of 1852 scanner blocks and at least 18 Scanlist. TSYS are from 12 for second leg to 16 for start/end leg. The latter is due to choice of departure/return in my home state. 3rd leg is around 1450 blocks with entry/departure options also.

Status
Not open for further replies.