Multiple Tornado Warnings - Anne Arundel and Baltimore Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Possible tornado touchdown south of Annapolis in Rt 2 corridor

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Reported touchdown in Londontowne (and sorta headed toward my office near Rowe Blvd and US 50, lol.)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The incident commander is the most calm cool IC I have heard in 40 years.

Very much in Command and clear as could be. Kudo’s

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Apparently Chris's Charcoal Pit on West St was wrecked; AFD working a collapse and gas leak on Lee St; Parole Elementary was partially de-roofed; they have been working on getting special needs kids evac-ed from the area. There is a lot of debris on roadways in the area: mostly insulation and tree branches, and some twisted metal. Stops at roughly Jennifer Road and Admiral Drive a few blocks from my office, where the storm apparently went airborne again.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The county's TRS is getting saturated; haven't seen it this busy since the shooting at the Capital Newspapers.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Anne Arundel OEM is using their EOC talkgroup which is the first time I have ever seen it used even during past storms and activations.

I do believe OEM just got radios a few weeks ago as they were doing some testing.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I saw a CERT-2 tg come up as well. Pouring here now - more than when the storm came through... A friend told me the footbal stadium at South River HS was wrecked.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Somebody's house in Sherwood Forest is burning - looks like a total loss - no hydrants in the area. Probable lightning strike.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing West Street Command calling EOC directly - not sure if "EOC" is OEM at the AEOC, or a special position that is activated in addition to Fire Alarm.

Edit:

It seems that EOC is a coordination entity that is staffed by reps of the various county departments. Likely at the AEOC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.