Multiple UASD Database location

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
I now have full versions of USAD software for the 246, 396, BCT15, and 996 on my computer. What is the best way to handle the database(s)? Keep the configutation databases separate and point all programs to the same place for Systems and locations? Or is is better just to keep everything separate and manually copy files from one folder to another to avoid scanner-specific settings from messaing up the system files? Making edits is hard if I do this since I would have to edit 4 different system files with the same changes.

Thoughts/comments?

Brett - N7OLQ

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Keep them separate.

The 246 UASD files reflect only its 1-0 quick keys, so if you copy a 396 file over, you will need to edit that (everything else will work though).

The 396 can't handle the multi-site portion of the UASD siles from the 996, but you can copy from the 396 into the 996 to give yourself a starting point (based on what others have said).

Neither the 396 nor the 246 can make use of the GPS coordinate information from files generated by UASD for the 15 or the 996. While that may not affect either scanner, you would need to reset the system quick key if copied over into UASD for the 246.

I do interchange files between my 246, 330, & 396 (correcting the QK where needed). Correct or modify in one (usually the 330), then copy into the others. Your situation is a little different because you have the two GPS enabled scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.