multisite technicality

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvawatch

I had this question several months ago, but didnt think much of it. I just remembered it and thought I'd bring it up. On the psr-500/600, you would think that for the multisite roam function that threshold-lo would be lower than threshold-hi. Copying directly from Gre's article http://www.greamerica.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=9 it says:

"you should set Threshold Lo to correspond with the value where you want the radio to give up on the current site and start looking for another site (which, of course, must have a decode quality that exceeds the Threshold Hi number that you set earlier in order for the radio to find and use the new site). "

Just to question my own sanity, exceed in the dictionary is: "to be greater, as in quantity or degree."

So it sounds like it is saying Threshold-lo should be greater than threshold-hi, which would be the opposite of how the systems are set up by default.

This might be a technicality in the wording in the Gre article, which I dont really care about...or is this just general confusion once again in how multisite roam works?

mikey60

I had this question several months ago, but didnt think much of it. I just remembered it and thought I'd bring it up. On the psr-500/600, you would think that for the multisite roam function that threshold-lo would be lower than threshold-hi. Copying directly from Gre's article http://www.greamerica.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=9 it says:

"you should set Threshold Lo to correspond with the value where you want the radio to give up on the current site and start looking for another site (which, of course, must have a decode quality that exceeds the Threshold Hi number that you set earlier in order for the radio to find and use the new site). "

Just to question my own sanity, exceed in the dictionary is: "to be greater, as in quantity or degree."

So it sounds like it is saying Threshold-lo should be greater than threshold-hi, which would be the opposite of how the systems are set up by default.

This might be a technicality in the wording in the Gre article, which I dont really care about...or is this just general confusion once again in how multisite roam works?

The wording on that is kind of confusing. It's correct, but can be read to mean what you're saying.

The Threshhold-Lo is the point at which you want the scanner to leave that control channel and go searching for a new one. The scanner will not consider a new control channel as a valid choice unless the decode rate is higher than Threshhold-Hi. So you are correct, Threshhold Hi should be higher than Threshhold Lo.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.