Municipalties In Two Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know the names of any Cities, Hamelts, Townships, Etc. that are located in more then one county? For instance, I know that Vermillion, Ohio is located in Erie and Lorain Counties. Cany anybody help with this? Yes, this is Radio Scanner related.
I am trying to determine all the Greater Cleveland Ohio Talk Groups for MARCS.
Now that I found out that Vermillion is located in two counties. What is the OSP Post for Erie County. I already know the one for Lorain County. Thanks for any help.
Also, what would the ODNR and Hospital Talk Groups be for Erie County. Lorain County was pretty easy but Erie County is another thing all together.

ibagli said:
Townships can't cross county lines, as far as I know.

As far as I know, Vermillion Township is in Ashland County. I was talking about the City Of Vermillion Ohio which is in both Erie and Lorain Counties.

jds911

The City of Dublin is in three counties: Franklin, Union & Delaware. Washington Township, which is a Franklin County township, extends into areas of Delaware and Union counties where the Dublin corporation exists.

http://www.wtwp.com/information/history.asp

Ohio Revised Code 503.07 allows for the township boundaries to be changed to conform to the municipal boundaries, even when in a different county, for the uniformity of delivery of services.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
The City of Middletown is located in both Butler and Warren Counties. So we have two OSP posts that cover us. The Lebanon post and the Hamilton post

jerk

Westerville is located in Franklin and Delaware counties. If I recall correctly.

ibagli

Huh. Learn something every day, I suppose.

Columbus is in Franklin, Delaware, and Fairfield Counties. Reynoldsburg is in Fairfield, Franklin, and Licking. New Albany is in Franklin and Licking. On a smaller scale, Buckeye Lake is in Fairfield and Licking Counties. Gratiot is in Licking and Muskingum Counties. Utica is in Licking and Knox Counties.

16b

Premium Subscriber
A pretty popular/classic example in the central Ohio area is Plain City. The Union/Madison county line pretty much splits the town in half, though I think that slightly more of the population is concentrated in the Madison county part. Their police/fire situation has always been kind of weird. I don't know enough to explain it in detail, but 911 calls seem to go to either Union County S.O. or Madison County S.O. depending on where they come from. The fact that Pleasant Valley Fire District covers surrounding townships in both Madison and Union counties makes the whole thing even more complicated.

JerryNone said:
As far as I know, Vermillion Township is in Ashland County. I was talking about the City Of Vermillion Ohio which is in both Erie and Lorain Counties.

There's a Vermilion Twp in Erie County, too.

Milan lies in Erie and Huron Counties.
Bellevue lies in Erie, Huron, Seneca, & Sandusky Counties.
Plymouth's in Huron & Richland Counties.

Wikipedia is a good place to research this. The Wikipedia page on each county gives a list of municipalities. Those that are spread over more than one county are indicated.

Hope this helps!

If you want to have funsies... Union City is located on the state border between Ohio and Indiana (Darke & Randolph Counties). It's actually two separate gubments, but it is in many ways still laid out as one city.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
The Village of Mogadore is split right down the middle in Portage and Summit counties.

A small section of the City of Tallmadge (Summit) is in Portage County. That small section was annexed from Brimfield Township in Portage County.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
JerryNone said:
Also, what would the ODNR and Hospital Talk Groups be for Erie County. Lorain County was pretty easy but Erie County is another thing all together.

Check the DB, and compare it to a map.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
jds911 said:
The City of Dublin is in three counties: Franklin, Union & Delaware. Washington Township, which is a Franklin County township, extends into areas of Delaware and Union counties where the Dublin corporation exists.

http://www.wtwp.com/information/history.asp

Ohio Revised Code 503.07 allows for the township boundaries to be changed to conform to the municipal boundaries, even when in a different county, for the uniformity of delivery of services.

Officially... it's "coextensive" with the City of Dublin...

jds911

wa8pyr said:
Officially... it's "coextensive" with the City of Dublin...
There you go with them there big words! There is one area which is in the city but still in Concord Twp. There is another where it is still in Jerome Twp, but with Washington Township services and overlapping fire levy tax districts....

We can never do anything easy, can we?

ibagli

Canal Winchester is in Franklin and Fairfield. Harrisburg is in Franklin and Pickaway. Pickerington is in Franklin and Fairfield.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
There you go with them there big words! There is one area which is in the city but still in Concord Twp. There is another where it is still in Jerome Twp, but with Washington Township services and overlapping fire levy tax districts....

We can never do anything easy, can we?

What??? And they sucked up Perry Township before they did those fleabags???

Oh well; I probably wouldn't be where I am now if Perry hadn't closed their comm center. Shorter commute, too....

Status
Not open for further replies.