Murfreesboro area 700 MHz.. MTSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmt

Has anyone else worked on listening to the new 700 MHz system MTSU has migrated to? I see it has not been listed yet in the database.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else worked on listening to the new 700 MHz system MTSU has migrated to? I see it has not been listed yet in the database.

There were two posts in the Chattanooga Regional P25 system thread, hee in the Tennessee forum. One on 5/13/10 referenced 769.18125 as the CC. Another post on 11/21/09 said he read in the paper that MTSU would be part of the TVRCS. Yes, I know M'Boro is a long way from Chattanooga!

jcmt

I glanced at that thread, guess I should have spent a little more time in it. I did a band scan and found that control channel, and I've been monitoring the system quite a bit since. So far I've ID'd a few MTSU talkgroups, and I've heard TEMA Ops come through too, correlating the TVRCS connection it seems; a friend of mine "in the know" says it is linked via T1 to Chattanooga and also to the D.O.C. system in Nashville apparently, with that CC operating off the same tower adjacent to campus as the old TRS. Pretty interesting stuff.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
i been hearing it too here in hendersonville in the mornings and late at night. so far i only hear MTSU PD. whats interering is they havent been lic for this from the FCC yet

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I glanced at that thread, guess I should have spent a little more time in it. I did a band scan and found that control channel, and I've been monitoring the system quite a bit since. So far I've ID'd a few MTSU talkgroups, and I've heard TEMA Ops come through too, correlating the TVRCS connection it seems; a friend of mine "in the know" says it is linked via T1 to Chattanooga and also to the D.O.C. system in Nashville apparently, with that CC operating off the same tower adjacent to campus as the old TRS. Pretty interesting stuff.

Is this the only frequency you need to program in to your scanner?

jcmt

Is this the only frequency you need to program in to your scanner?

That control channel is the only one I've got programmed in, thus far I've observed two additional frequencies that are used for voice on the system.

jcmt

i been hearing it too here in hendersonville in the mornings and late at night. so far i only hear MTSU PD. whats interering is they havent been lic for this from the FCC yet

I noticed the same thing, about the licensing. I didn't find any reference to it in the existing TVRTS licenses either.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
P-25. I programmed my 106 to P25 Auto and this freq as CC and even with a marginal signal was picking up TG's last night.

jcmt

Ok here is what I've gotten figured out thus far:

16050 Police Dispatch
16051 Student Patrol, although I'm unsure what the channel name is.
16054 Campus 911 (Other TG's can call PD Dispatch directly here, e.g. the Recreation Center)
16057 Emergency CallBoxes--these devices have previously been on a simplex VHF freq., and judging by the dead static key ups of this TG, it seems they have just linked that VHF to this TG.
16019 TEMA Ops

On the previous system, public safety had about a half dozen TGs, so I think it is fairly reasonable to predict where they will fall given the above sequence. I have also seen TG 1 pop up, but only once, and very briefly.

stewart00311

Yeah the system ID is reading back 02A5h-0122
Will start listening more but I am sure with most of the Graduations done already it will be slower with only summer classes in progress.
Has anyone sent in the update for the Database ?

jcmt

Not to my knowledge. I haven't made it over close enough to hear the old system lately. I have not heard any of the other services such as maintenance, shuttle buses, etc., so I suppose they have not migrated.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
surprised the other MTSU services haven't popped up yet.

those of you in middle TN keep a eye on the 700 mhz band for a few years scanning here in TN is gonna be fun!

cpsTN

The 800 MHz freqs are not being used anymore? I don't listen to MTSU enough to necessarily notice.

Last edited:

jcmt

All of the non-public safety services are still on the 800 MHz system. (Rec center, buses, maintenance..etc.) From what I have been told, the state will be purchasing equipment for these other services to swap over to the 700 MHz system within the next year or so.

cowand

Programming 396XT

So when I enter the control channel the last digit (5) will not go in, but will still monitor the system, i.e., 769.1812. Is this ok? Just making sure that I'm not doing something wrong. Thank's for any assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.