Murfreesboro PD nears start of Teleserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasputen246

MPD nears start of Teleserve
Phone program allows telephone reports by citizens

MPD nears start of Teleserve | dnj.com | The Daily News Journal

Looks like they are trying to deal with some of the low priority stuff in M'boro.

Still got some "101's" (local code for crazies) that call 911 multi times for civil matters.
They deal with these and other downright idiotic calls (as do most local PDs) pretty professionally on the radio. I would get fired for unprofessional conduct the first week. Sometimes you can really hear the opinions in the dispatchers tone of voice or the LEO's . Most of the olders officers just stay professional, as it is just part of the job and always will be.

Last edited:

cpsTN

Heard this on channel 4 news (WSMV in Nashville). It sounds like a good way to make sure the resources stay tuned to the more important stuff. Being located in the county just outside of Smyrna, although with a Murfreesboro address, I am served by Rutherford County, not Murfreesboro or Smyrna.

rasputen246

cpsTN

Yeah, same here. I am just outside M'boro city limits, but I monitor them always unless RC has a hot one working. RC is my main freq of intrest, but I just had to figure out how to get the rebanded Smryna system programed . And I actually rerouted some LMR-400 under the house yesterday to hook up my Wilson Yagi. Now Smryna is 5x5 here in Barfield again.

BTW thanks for the Smryna rebanding info you (& others) helped me to find.

cpsTN

And I actually rerouted some LMR-400 under the house yesterday to hook up my Wilson Yagi. Now Smryna is 5x5 here in Barfield again.

You are welcome for the rebanding information. I understand that LMR-400 is probably cabling but I don't know what "5x5" means within this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.