Murfreesboro's taxis and buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsTN

Does anyone know what the freqs for Taxis or the Rover ('boro transit) for Murfreesboro or other Rutherford Co. areas are or where to find them? Also, do the School buses use CBs still or other bands and what are they if not CB. I have heard what seemed to be some School buses in the Smyrna area using the 151MHz business band. Thank You.

N8IAA

Does anyone know what the freqs for Taxis or the Rover ('boro transit) for Murfreesboro or other Rutherford Co. areas are or where to find them? Also, do the School buses use CBs still or other bands and what are they if not CB. I have heard what seemed to be some School buses in the Smyrna area using the 151MHz business band. Thank You.

Did you get your scanner up and running??
Larry

cpsTN

Did you get your scanner up and running??
Larry

Yes. I met up with Gary (doctree2) in Smyrna and he uploaded the correct firmware, since mine was incorrect, and the T freqs. All the different services have separate banks and tags, making it very convenient to use and the T is working very well as well all the others. Thank You.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
The M'boro City Schools use a UHF repeater system. The Rutherford County Schools use VHF and I cannot remember if it is simplex or repeater they are using. A lot of the buses have CB's put in by the owners.
The rover I do not think uses radios to my knowledge, and the taxis I have no clue on. I will see what I can come up with in the next few days.

cpsTN

The M'boro City Schools use a UHF repeater system. The Rutherford County Schools use VHF and I cannot remember if it is simplex or repeater they are using. A lot of the buses have CB's put in by the owners.
The rover I do not think uses radios to my knowledge, and the taxis I have no clue on. I will see what I can come up with in the next few days.

Thank You. The several sources I have found for Rutherford county give no data on these services, including the RR pages. I have not, I am sure, gone through all of the resourses to be had by RR. Thank You.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
I used to work at the radio shop that installs the radios in the city and county school buses. I will go by in the next day or so and get you the specific frequencies for them. I will also see about the rover. I have seen some of the drivers with handheld radios, but I am unsure if they what freq they would be using. The City of Murfreesboro has gotten pretty big on using Nextels in the past year so they might be using them.

I know a lot of the taxis have 800MHZ antenna on them so I am not sure if that is strictly for credit cards to be run, or if they use it as a two way radio. Like I said I will see what I can find out.

cpsTN

I used to work at the radio shop that installs the radios in the city and county school buses. I will go by in the next day or so and get you the specific frequencies for them. I will also see about the rover. I have seen some of the drivers with handheld radios, but I am unsure if they what freq they would be using. The City of Murfreesboro has gotten pretty big on using Nextels in the past year so they might be using them.

I know a lot of the taxis have 800MHZ antenna on them so I am not sure if that is strictly for credit cards to be run, or if they use it as a two way radio. Like I said I will see what I can find out.

I have never been in a taxi. It hadn't occured(sp) to me that they would take credit cards. It makes sense though. In nearly 42 years, I have never flown, either.

APTN

Mufreesboro & Rutherford County

Thank You. The several sources I have found for Rutherford county give no data on these services, including the RR pages. I have not, I am sure, gone through all of the resourses to be had by RR. Thank You.

Rutherford County Schools

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KNAV724 - RUTHERFORD, COUNTY OF

Murfreesboro City Schools

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KNDS534 - MURFREESBORO CITY SCHOOLS

The Rover uses Nextel's for commucation between buses and Buses to supervisor. The taxi's (CITY CAB) use Mid-TN Two ways trucked analog. The information is in the Database.

Status
Not open for further replies.