Murray, KY Fire Department Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpool

Has the Murray, KY fire department gone digital or changed frequencies in the last few months? I am no longer picking them up on what used to be their frequency (154.1900).

Last edited:

sound_efex

Welcome to the forum.

Has the Murray, KY fire department gone digital

Murray Fire does not have FCC approval for digital on that freq. Have you explored the possibility of a new PL in use or an accidental programming error in your radio? You might want to run in search mode for a while. A prime opportunity to search would be around the time of the weekly test page.

...or changed frequencies in the last few months?

An FCC search shows this FXO (operational fixed) station being granted and made effective early last month. Any additional searches you may want can be done from here.

Let us know what you discover.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
The FX0 have emission designators of 11K2F3E which is narrowband FM analog voice - they might be links from remote receiver sites - or maybe an intercom system between stations - maybe it can be figured out from the locations - none of which really answers the main question - but it seems that they might be upgrading their radio system - so maybe they changed their main channel from 154.19 to something else

CCEMS703

They are now on a radio dispatch system instead of the old "in house" alert system. They are dispatched on the new 156.1650 and the 154.19 is the back up repeater. The new system I think sounds worse then the old one they can't even talk on the portables in the hopital parking lot, and they whole voter system went down the other day and they had to go back to the back up repeater it's now located at the police department and it sounds awful also if your further then 12 and chestnut.

kib669

They are now on a radio dispatch system instead of the old "in house" alert system. They are dispatched on the new 156.1650 and the 154.19 is the back up repeater. The new system I think sounds worse then the old one they can't even talk on the portables in the hopital parking lot, and they whole voter system went down the other day and they had to go back to the back up repeater it's now located at the police department and it sounds awful also if your further then 12 and chestnut.

If they are on 156.165, they are operating illegally. Their license says the new repeater is on 155.700.

CCEMS703

Yeah I have the 154.7000 in my scanner but haven't heard anything on it. It's all 156.165. I have figured out why the freq doesn't match FCC website listing.

CCEMS703

i take back my statment about the backup repeater on 154.1900.. I heard them on it today and its working normal now. They must have had them fix it while they was trying to get the new system back on the air when it went out.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Looks to me from the FCC license posted previously that there should be -

154.19 R - 158.895 input

155.70 R - 159.375 input

no mention of a 156 Mhz freq

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Come to think of it - isn't 155.70 a statewide police mutual aid channel in Tennessee? Is that an issue here?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Sorry - I probably got Tennessee wrong

FCC ULS has for 156.165 in Kentucky - Ashland - Hardin County - Harlan County - Cumberland County - Frankfort - Franklin - Johnson County - Nicholas County - Buffalo Trace

Does this tell us anything?

celltech25

murray fire

I would say part of there issue with having poor range on there new voted system is the fact they instlled it on a antenna at murray electric tower that was abandoed by the city pd because the antenna had issues, They are supposedly exploring options to move there main tx site to one of the dorms or to a water tank near MSU campus from what i was told from a local citizen that deals with most of the city radios

Status
Not open for further replies.