MURS Homebrewed antenna!(more pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeRayCodA

The driven elements,The weather sealed phasing harness junction,(homebrewed secret mold) If I told ya,you would laugh.I make these out of old TV antenna elements.
The Gamma on this one has'nt been 'heat shrunk' yet,still in the tuning process.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,710
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,964
Last edited:

talkpair

I've got a similar project going to replace a couple simple wire dipoles antennas that I use for my feeds.

I really don't have a problem with the performance of those antennas, it's the mechanical strength that I have concerns over.

I'm curious about the phasing harness mold you made, and if it's rigid enough to keep the connection inside from flexing and breaking. I was thinking of inserting a splint of some kind just before sealing it up.
It's probably not a big issue, as long as I can keep it from flexing before securing it to the mast.

Did you use Plasti-Dip to seal ?

TeRayCodA

No,not plasti-dip.Close.I made a mold out of a glue container,split in half,fill each side up with Bondo,sandwich together,let set,peel the molds back off.Paint a few coats,add some silicone sealer on top,you're done.

talkpair

.I made a mold out of a glue container,split in half,fill each side up with Bondo,sandwich together,let set,peel the molds back off.Paint a few coats,add some silicone sealer on top,you're done.

That was going to be my 2nd guess :)

K

kb0nly

Bondo is a great application use here... I was worried you were going to say JB Weld because it looks like some gray JB on the top end of it in the picture, JB is semi conductive. I say semi, because its not always a great connection if you tried to use it as such.

Can you post up some details on the phasing harness? It looks like RG8 comes into that mold and RG6 coming out? Whats the cable lengths?

I have a feeling a lot of people will want to attempt building one! Very nice professional looking build, not laughing about the mold! At first i thought you used a freezer pop mold by the shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.