MURS in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramjet555

Has anyone actually heard any recent licensed transmission In Canada on the VHF MURS Frequencies 151.820, 151.880, 151.940, 154.570. 154600 ?
Yes, I know IC speculated decided not to use it for MURS in 2014 and back then some Alberta Fire services claimed it however, most seem to have gone to digital systems on other bands.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
A quick TAFL search shows that these frequencies are being used. For instance, here's 151.820 in Ontario. TAFL Search Results (Or at least they've been assigned)...

I've never taken the time to scan those frequencies.. Might stick 'em in a scan list and listen for a while to see what comes up.

Last edited:

Ramjet555

They are the USA MURS VHF frequencies. Just had a look at that TAFL search engine, far faster than the Industry Canada site.
Most appear to be used by take away foods, like Tim Hortons etc, seem to be primarily short range. But there is the odd rare fire department but it appears that Canada has left old users on some of these frequencies and moved others off.

I'm in Manitoba and they are dead here. The LADD and Marine VHF seem to be the least used by services that show up on searches.
What I want to try is the old 49 MHz baby monitor or cordless phones , some of those must still exist. Bought a Baby monitor like that 25 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.