Muskegon County Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
I have been looking and researching the state of Muskegon County and digital format migration. It seems as though since the fall of 2015 central dispatch has started using digital channels for which they were granted licenses on as far back as 2013 but did not start using until last year. It appears as though we are now using DMR frequencies as returned search via Digital Frequency Search. P25 is still State Police use.

What I am hoping to find out is if anyone can verify for me if these frequencies are live and being used, and if whether or not given the DMR frequencies and as of yet limited P25 frequencies in the database, if it is worthwhile for Muskegon County listeners to upgrade to a digital scanner? I am looking at close to $700 after two paid firmware updates for a Uniden BCD436HP in order to get DMR and ProVoice functionality to have the latest and greatest with Uniden supposedly working on NXDN capability that only the new Whistler TRX-1 and 2 has.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Scott
KD8CMK

jack3726

It appears your a new member to this. If you search through the forums there has been quite a bit of discussion recently in regards to this topic for both Kent and Ottawa Counties and them joining and then using the MPSCS system. If you look at the database section there are some defined TG's for both police and fire on the MPSCS system(61P911, 61F911) for Muskegon County, there is also one for Dept Of Corrections and others. What the status is for Muskegon County I am not sure, maybe someone with a digital scanner in the area could update us as to what is in use and what is not. If I lived in the area from what you read I would look at purchasing a new scanner to listen to Region 6, sounds like over the next couple of years you are going to need one.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
That's where I am at too with things. I think getting one in the relative near future could be needed as it appears the conversion in surrounding counties is taking place and has also started here.

That's what I was hoping would happen would that someone who actually has something digital who scans or has attempted to scan Muskegon County would read this thread and reply to verify that the bands are in use despite them showing up in databases as being active before stepping forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.