Muskegon i9 units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate1n22

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing "i9" units lately and was wondering if anyone knew who they were? I thought maybe they were fbi or something along the lines of that.

Nate1n22

Premium Subscriber
They're usually in the city or in Muskegon Heights. It sounds like they're doing search warrants.
But last week I heard one calling for a Norton car to pull a vehicle over, they said they were in a Chevy Malibu.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
i9

What Talk Group? I hear I units on MSP talk groups and believe they are detectives and the I means Investigator.

Les

They're usually in the city or in Muskegon Heights. It sounds like they're doing search warrants.
But last week I heard one calling for a Norton car to pull a vehicle over, they said they were in a Chevy Malibu.

Nate1n22

Premium Subscriber
I hear them on the regular police dispatch, 155.49000
They're usually requesting another unit to back them on some sort of arrest.

yamaha769

Wednesday while I was working a dark blue Chevy Malibu pulled into the parking lot and quickly turned around. I thought nothing of it till I seen the plate. It was a U.S. Government plate. It definitely was not the local military recruiters they were not in uniform but street clothes. Might be the same unit you are speaking of.

freqs

I can only speak for my local Police Department .I Units are Investigation Unit's doeing undercover work .They will call for a marked car to do a stop on a car they have seen do a hand to hand or some sort of deal or just left a dope house .I know our local I units drive everyday cars non state plate's and even old vans with 22'inch rims on them 10 year old cars anything that does not look like a cop would be in .

Nate1n22

Premium Subscriber
I thought it was weird that the Heights command said they couldn't pursue the vehicle they were tailing if it took off from them.

Wouldn't MSP have more authority over Muskegon Heights command?

Thanks for your answers

Nate1n22

Premium Subscriber
Also does anyone know the frequency for MEPS or METS. Normally I hear the state police requesting Fruitport to switch to it, but I just heard Norton Shores asking for a Fruitport officer to switch to this MEPS or METS.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
MEPSS is short for Michigan Emergency Public Safety System. The freq is 155.8650.

Status
Not open for further replies.