Muskegon "Statewide Fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Cops and Firefighters are usually creatures of habit and if they are told "X" channel is "Statewide Fire" then they will always believe that it is until they are told something different. Figuring out exactly what a frequency is called is far from important just as long as all the users are on the same page.

but i cannot just put "statewide fire" into my scanner and magically hear them I need to find the frequency out.

Still not luck and 2 fires within about 5 miles yesterday.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Have you considered stopping at a county fire hall and asking them what the freq might be?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
They could be on some of the more obscure statewide mutual aid freqs designated for fire interop. These include the V-Call and V-Tac freqs, along with the Fire Interoperability Radio System. These would be worth a listen.

73s

Ron

kasparek

Premium Subscriber
Utah, go through the Muskegon database and plug in to a seperate scan bank, all the Muskegon area VHF frequencies other than what you normally listen to. This could include DPW, FireGround, Road Commission, even School Buses, etc. Since Muskegon is VHF, I highly doubt they would switch to a different system for FG coverage. It could even be a frequency labeled "Decetives" in the database.

When you hear them switch to the "statewide" channel, turn on that bank and if you pick up something that's definitely not a fire, lock that frequency out. It's a good idea to even add the "input" frequencies. You might be surprised at what you find.

Also, put in 154.295 and 154.280 these are used as FG alot, and all the new V-call frequencies too.

You can always search the departments call signs (ie. KQE242) and put in an unfamiliar frequncies that come up there too.

Good luck.

Utah_Viper

They could be on some of the more obscure statewide mutual aid freqs designated for fire interop. These include the V-Call and V-Tac freqs, along with the Fire Interoperability Radio System. These would be worth a listen.

73s

Ron

Have all those in one of the scanners.

Have you considered stopping at a county fire hall and asking them what the freq might be?

it may come to this

Utah, go through the Muskegon database and plug in to a seperate scan bank, all the Muskegon area VHF frequencies other than what you normally listen to. This could include DPW, FireGround, Road Commission, even School Buses, etc. Since Muskegon is VHF, I highly doubt they would switch to a different system for FG coverage. It could even be a frequency labeled "Decetives" in the database.

When you hear them switch to the "statewide" channel, turn on that bank and if you pick up something that's definitely not a fire, lock that frequency out. It's a good idea to even add the "input" frequencies. You might be surprised at what you find.

Also, put in 154.295 and 154.280 these are used as FG alot, and all the new V-call frequencies too.

You can always search the departments call signs (ie. KQE242) and put in an unfamiliar frequncies that come up there too.

Good luck.

Got everything that is in the DB in one of my scanners or another.

I think it could really be just VERY low power and may have to confirm at a scene if I hear anything. Just would seem that one mile would be close enough, but I could be wrong.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that the city of Whitehall, has recently modified their license in the past year. They have added the statewide/nationwide Interop VHF-High band freqs.

When they licensed these freqs in the county, they added up to 300 mobile units under each frequency. Meanwhile, the proposed statewide interop plan for fire ops, does include:

You might want to try these as well.

73s

Ron

Utah_Viper

I see that the city of Whitehall, has recently modified their license in the past year. They have added the statewide/nationwide Interop VHF-High band freqs.

When they licensed these freqs in the county, they added up to 300 mobile units under each frequency. Meanwhile, the proposed statewide interop plan for fire ops, does include:

You might want to try these as well.

73s

Ron

Thank you. will give that a shot. Red Flag warning so this weekend could get interesting....

Utah_Viper

Fire at L3 near Getty and 31 today and actually getting *some* stuff finally

154.29500 DNRFGND Statewide Fire Mutual Aid/DNR Fireground -
155.75250 Unknown from list posted above as Whitehall
154.23500 Muskegon Fire Ops

All of these had very little traffic, and not enough to confirm anything but may be getting there.

DT1265

Not to dig up an old posting, but I will tell you when you hear "Switching to State Fire for fire ground", that is typically a channel that you can only pickup when within a mile or less of the scene unless you have an antenna erected over the tree tops. If someone is using a mobile radio, you may pick them up, versus a portable radio which only spits out about 5 watts of power. The frequency for your scanner to hear "State Fire" is 154.295. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.