Muskoka

Status
Not open for further replies.

As of 8am Mon Aug 21st OPP have changed talks groups "C" Bracebridge are now on 2OPS29 (Orillia com centre) and "G" Huntsville is now on 2OPS28 (Northbay com centre). Dispatch was telling units as they logged on this was the new system. This makes sense as Huntsville usually handles many calls in southern Parry Sound and rarely covers Bracebridge area. Also 3 weeks ago Huntsville/ Lake of Bays changed to a digital encrypted radio system for Fire only (No public works on the system) that does not sound like the Bracebridge Nexden system.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I had heard a rumour that Huntsville was going to be set up with North West region (same as Parry Sound). This would certainly seem to be a reality now since they're dispatched by North Bay PCC.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Also 3 weeks ago Huntsville/ Lake of Bays changed to a digital encrypted radio system for Fire only (No public works on the system

Not quite. Huntsville and Port Sydney changed over to a Motorola TRBO system. No encryption.

SCPD

QRT
Yes I have to agree with Mike, I have Huntsville and Port Sydney programmed in and they are Motorola TRBO in the clear no ENC. They had a very busy weekend Lake of Bays is still using there analog repeater system also a busy weekend as is Muskoka Lakes still analog. Bracebridge has found some major holes in their NXDN system dead spots as they had before in same areas as before you cant beat that Canadian shield for sucking up those RF signals. Talking with the guys over coffee they said before it would just get noisy it sounded like picket fencing as they were talking. Now its you have a signal or don't have a signal no in between.
It is effecting roads department more as they cover a larger area more often.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Heard something going on in Huntsville today on group 7601, slot 1, colour code 5.

I've also heard Station 3 on group 7601, slot 2 but I didn't get a colour code.

My understanding is that for now, the two repeaters will use different colour codes until they can get a new frequency for the second repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.