Must be made of gold.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Saw this today.

The thing must be solid gold or something.

Whistler
WHISTLER TRX-2 Desktop DMR/MotoTRBO(TM) Digital Trunking Scanner
Be the first to review this product...

In stock. Ships from United States. Most customers receive within 2-10 days.

Sold and Shipped by BuyNESP.com

$2,499.95+ $11.05 Shipping

In stock. Ships from United States. Most customers receive within 2-10 days.

$2,499.95

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...cm_re=whistler_trx-_-9SIA2764AK6829-_-Product

The sad question is I wonder how many people have bought it.....

Attachments

• Whistler 2499.jpg
    Whistler 2499.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 907

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Well in looking at the seller's reputation I wouldn't buy anything from them. Clearly a scam and/or ignorance on the seller. I hate when good companies (Newegg) go bad by turning to 3rd party sellers to increase attention to their site. It doesn't work. Look at Sears.com!

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Trust me when I say there is no way in h*ll I'd pay such a ridiculous amount. Especially when Amazon had them for something like 480 the other day.

I wonder if Whistler can do something about idiots like this who charge bizarre sums. It really harms them most.

wbswetnam

They wouldn't do it if there weren't idiots who don't do any research and pay ludicrous prices for things. You know what P. T. Barnum said: "There's a sucker born every minute."

lucky43113

I do this same thing on eBay from time to time when you run out of an item you price it sky high that way when you get more in stock all you do is change the price and not have to make a new listing

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
i cant believe people think this kind of stuff is real

Well what you said may be true about a placeholder but let me assure you the screen cap and info is real. That is why I posted the link along with them. Simply put it was beyond belief so I put all the info in the post.

I really don't appreciate you saying I faked this thread. For whatever reason this seller has this scanner listed at this outrageous amount.

Placeholder or not it is real.

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Well it sure seems like it with all his posts but if I'm mistaken I'll be glad to apologize.

I believe he meant it isn't real in the sense that the seller set it astronomically high for the purpose of getting no orders because they have none in stock, yet they wanted the item to still be listed for when they do have one/some to sell. This happens sometimes on eBay or even Amazon.

I, of course, cannot speak for him, but he did refer to this is his post at 9:45am CDT today so that is why I have deduced this.

lucky43113

Well what you said may be true about a placeholder but let me assure you the screen cap and info is real. That is why I posted the link along with them. Simply put it was beyond belief so I put all the info in the post.

I really don't appreciate you saying I faked this thread. For whatever reason this seller has this scanner listed at this outrageous amount.

Placeholder or not it is real.

I didnt mean your pic was fake just that the seller never expected to sell any at that price

Status
Not open for further replies.