Must Have Add On Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiftyPotts

I've had a few days to become familiar with FDM-S2 and the Tmate2 tuner. And I'm liking it very very much. This morning I installed Virtual Audio Cable, and downloaded CWSkimmer. Are there suggestions for decoding software. Are there must-have programs?

Thanks,

Bob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm unsure if there are any digital decoders out there right now that could directly interface with the S2 (some do directly interface with some, but not all, SDRs -yet), however if it were me, I'd get copies of MultiPSK, Sigmira, Sorcerer and possibly Rivet. I would start with MultiPSK as it has its own dedicated Yahoo group. Do one at a time so you don't get overwhelmed by too many issues all at once.

It may take some trial/error to get them working - I would likely ask on some associated Yahoo groups and see what develops (along with MultiPSK the UDXF- Utility DXers Forum- would be another likely spot along with any Yahoo group that supports this SDR or manufacturer).

You can find the links for these in the page link in my sig.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You really don't need to hunt to 'decode anything', just to get you started.

HF is full of digital signals that you will not be able to decode. The trick is to know where to look, and when.

We're not in the right forum for this discussion, so jump on over here and ask about easy stuff to decode so you can shake out the bugs...

Shortwave Data Decoding - The RadioReference.com Forums

I and others will be waiting there...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And I ignored one other popular program - PC-ALE, which can be found at the PC-ALE Yahoo group. This is a very popular mode, used by many military agencies, as well as some ham use.

Mike

ShiftyPotts

You really don't need to hunt to 'decode anything', just to get you started.

HF is full of digital signals that you will not be able to decode. The trick is to know where to look, and when.

We're not in the right forum for this discussion, so jump on over here and ask about easy stuff to decode so you can shake out the bugs...

Shortwave Data Decoding - The RadioReference.com Forums

I and others will be waiting there...Mike

Mke,

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't been watching that forum. I will go there and study up before I ask.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.